Wednesday, December 06, 2006

1% Geek? 10% Geek? 100% Geek?

One must be part geek or part nerd in today's lifestyle. No exceptions. In the information age where information is exchanged rapidly, more everyday tasks are becoming automated, and basic computer skills are just as important as driving a car. Having a geek side is good. If you read my Blog, you are a step ahead because there are some people who don't know how to browse the Internet.

We are becoming more dependent on computers and technology. There are good sides and bad sides which is another subject; however, technology is everywhere including the appliances, the automobiles, our workplaces, the shopping malls, banks, entertainment, and your local government.

I'm no society expert . . . I think nerds and geeks benefited the most in the information age which started in the mid 1990s. How many jobs and companies were created involving nerds and geeks? A ton *__* How many must want gadgets do we want? A ton starting with cell phones, mp3 players, PS2, laptops, GPS, and HDTVs. Thank the microprocessor for today's tech goodies ^^

Are nerds and geeks part of society? No. Are nerds and geeks accepted in society? No. Nerds and geeks belong in our society. In the 1980s, nerds and geeks were the out crowd. Remember the movie "Revenge Of The Nerds?" *Hee, hee* If you're computer incompetent, you're glad to know geeks and nerds who can help you out XD

Yours truly is a geek. I'm a geek who works out at the gym, hangs out with friends, keeps up with the sports headlines, follows the stock market, cooks, and desires to learn more technology. And I'm looking for a new career path in technology :-) I know I interchanged nerd and geek in the Blog. We're the same `__*

Side Note: I delay following the stock market. I resume following the market after I find a new job ^^

No comments: