Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Hands


Take a look at your hands. What can they do? What do you like about them? Our hands define us as human beings. We work, play, love, touch, and feel daily. Humans has progressed and innovated because of our hands. We can do good and evil.

My hands are the least favorite part of my body. They’re small hands. I look at my hands asking myself, “What are my hands good for?” The better question is, “What are my greatest achievements with my hands?” As of this blog entry, I haven’t achieved my greatest. I want to share my strengths and weakness. My intent is to help find what my hands are good for and help find my greatest achievements. I start with my weaknesses:

*Arts, crafts, drawing, sewing. I remember in grade school my cutting, drawing, and gluing were terrible. I consistently asked my classmates for help. My finished arts were noticeably terrible when displayed in the classroom.

My mom tried to teach me sewing. I had trouble sewing on the sewing machine. It was a combination of my mom being a bad teacher and my hands not sewing straight. I was also clumsy pinning and cutting the fabric from the pattern. And I keep forgetting how to sew a button on my shirt. It’s really easy. I keep forgetting. I struggled when my mom re-taught me how sew a button.

*Handyman. I’m terrible hammering, painting, cutting wood, basic plumbing, and essentially basic handyman skills. I’m serious when I said hammering because I nail crooked or it takes me a long time to nail. And I’m serious when I said painting because there is a technique when it comes to putting pressure on the paint brush and painting corners and edges.

My dad knows basic handyman skills. His strength is woodworking. Unfortunately, my dad taught me little handyman skills when I was a child.

*Gardening. This is more attitude and less hands. I hate gardening. I remember mowing the lawn once a week in the mid 2000s. The lawn mower was easy. Using the trim tool to mow the edge of the grass was hard. Sometimes I jam and I accidentally removed some of the grass root.

Here are my strengths:

*Driving. I rate myself excellent when I drive on urban streets and freeways. I know how to parallel park and I can drive a car with a manual transmission. One weakness is judging distance when it comes to parking and hitting the curb. I wonder I could have been a professional driver—maybe a stunt driver.

*Cooking. I rate my skills as good as if I was living alone. I don’t need to eat at restaurants. I’m pretty good cooking for myself. I need to learn more skills including grilling and stir frying. I never baked before.

*Data entry and databases. There are more skills to learn including SQL and SAS. All my jobs involved data entry, databases, and reporting. I did a good job.

*Sports. I played recreational sports from grade school to college. I played football, baseball, softball, volleyball, and basketball. Football and baseball were my best. I scored many touchdowns and hit the ball pretty well.

*Dancing. Ballroom dancing is more footwork. However, my hands are good for leading my partner. The last time I danced was in March 2011. I want to go back to the dance floor.

*Household chores. Vacuuming, dusting, washing dishes, laundry, etc. I do a good job keeping a house clean.

*Photographer. I’m pretty good at taking pictures as an amateur. I have my good picture shot moments taking pics of people in costumes, pics from my vacations, and random pics from my cell phones.

*Masseur. Women told me I relax them. I don’t have any training.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: