Thursday, August 09, 2012

A Second Look At 2011

I'm taking a second look at my 2011 blogs to comment and give myself feedback. Did I do something wrong? Was I correct? Did I really blog that? What was I thinking?

Like "A Second Look at 2010" in 2011, my goal is to learn from my mistakes, reinforce my lessons, remind myself my moments, and rethink. I provided the title, date, blog summary, and feedback. The link is provided to read the original blog entry in its entirety.

Blog title: De Anza Week Jan 3, 2011
Date: Sun Jan 9, 2011
Summary: I blogged the first week in Winter '11 quarter.
Feedback: I want to remind myself the lessons I learned from past De Anza quarters. There were no lessons in Winter '11 and Spring '11 quarters, my last quarters. My De Anza all review blog is coming soon. Here are the lessons:

Fall ’10: Use it or lose it.
Spring ’10: Timing is everything.
Winter ’10: Go with the flow.
Fall ’09: Everyone is human.

Link: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/de-anza-week-jan-3-2011.html

Blog title: Streaks Of Imperfection
Date: Fri Mar 4, 2011
Summary: I blogged 2011 started off well. Then, all of a sudden, the year went bad.
Feedback: 2011 started off bad. I read my De Anza blogs in Jan and Feb. I felt bad, unfocused, lost interest, depressed, and fatigued. I even felt laziness.
Link: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/streaks-of-imperfection.html

Blog title: Me Versus My Stomach Flu
Date: Thur Apr 14, 2011
Summary: I blogged how I recovered from the stomach flu.
Feedback: I forgot I had a stomach flu. I was sick three times in 2011: March weeks before finals, July in Downtown Los Angeles, and September.
Link: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/me-versus-my-stomach-flu.html

Blog title: De Anza Week Apr 18, 2011
Date: Sun Apr 24, 2011
Summary: I blogged the third week of Spring '11 quarter; in particular, dropping Advanced Accounting class.
Feedback: Best choice I made in 2011. I wasn't going to make the same mistake in Winter ’10 when I should had dropped singing. I talked to one of my classmates in Auditing who continued Advanced Accounting. He said more students dropped out. The Advanced Accounting professor was the worse professor ever.
Link: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/de-anza-week-apr-18-2011.html

Blog title: De Anza Week June 6, 2011
Date: Mon Jun 13, 2011
Summary: I blogged three weeks before finals. I was in survival mode such that I just wanted to finish Auditing. The class was going slow. The professor had no engagement and connection with the students.
Feedback: I wonder if some students experienced survival mode like me. They just wanted to pass the class. They stopped caring or lost interest. It sucked students stopped caring because this was education that could help them get jobs. The same thought applies to working. I believe some workers are in survival mode completing projects and assignments. They don’t understand what they’re doing. They just do it by following the instructions. They hope they’re doing it correctly.
Link: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/de-anza-week-june-6-2011.html

Blog title: Get Back
Date: Wed Jul 13, 2011
Summary: I shared some of my changes after Sat Oct 4, 2008, the day I realized I must grow up. These changes were going back in the past that made me happy and successful; for example, the clothes I wore.
Feedback: I created a basic life list I uploaded in my smart phone. The list includes my top mistakes, top 30 blogs, top six daily rules, and Steve Job's Stanford graduation speech. I open the file containing the list to remind myself to be happy again anytime and anywhere I feel depress.
Link: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/get-back.html

Blog title: The Human’s Most Precious Possession
Date: Tue Nov 29, 2011
Summary: I answered the question "What is the human's most precious possession?" My answer was memories.
Feedback: If there was a contest for best blogs written by amateur bloggers, then I submit this blog. Take care of your brains. Make memories daily.
Link: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/humans-most-precious-possession.html

No comments: