Wednesday, August 01, 2012

The Month Of July Is Finally Past Us

Last month went by slow for me. The days went by fast, yet the entire month was the slowest so far in 2012. Perhaps skipping Anime Expo during the first weekend was a factor. It was the first time since 2008 my Fourth Of July weekend was spent at home instead of spending six days and five nights in Downtown Los Angeles.

I still kept myself active including an urban hike in San Francisco, installed a SSD in my laptop, cleaned my house, watched The Hunger Games movie, and attended the Obon Festival. I continued searching for a new job as well as overhauled my cover letter and edited my resume. The daily activities cooking, working out at the gym, reading, dating, and spending time with friends continued.

Regardless, July was a slow down month for me. I liked it. I hoped more people experienced a slow down. It was time to take a deep breath. It was time to relax and to reevaluate our lives in today's unsettled world. It was time to slow down and pace ourselves. The rest of the week I finish fulfilling the take a deep breath, relax, and slow down. For example, my gym workouts are easy going. My goal is to resume my normal four day workout routine beginning next week.

I hope August continues a slow down. The world needs a breather.

No comments: