Friday, November 09, 2012

Friday November 23

Black Friday 2012 is on Fri Nov 23. The retailers are happy because there are more Christmas shopping days. Google "Black Friday 2012" and you preview retailers that released their Black Friday deals early.

My past Black Fridays were a combination of convenience, necessity, must have, and long overdue. I rarely purchase on impulse. My self control for impulse purchases is excellent. I'm picky when it comes to prices. I shop around. There were some Black Fridays I felt the prices were not low enough. I avoid purchasing goods I feel I can find lower on Cyber Monday or in the future.

My 2012 wish list satisfies the four combination above. Here is a sample:

*Computer chair. I'm sitting on one of my dad's computer chair that randomly lowers itself. There is another chair our family got free years ago. It's too big and uncomfortable. It's time for a new chair.

*USB memory sticks. I have a 128MB, 510MB, 4GB, and an 8GB. Go figure. It's time for more memory sticks.

*External backup drive. The guys have a point. DVD backups are old school. Prices for external backups are really good. My 500GB I purchased in Oct 2008 for $100 is full. It's time for a bigger backup drive.

*Blu-ray drive. I built my Gaming PC in 2008. Prices for a BD drive was $120. I see prices today between $50-$60. I have six BD movies. It's time to watch BD.

In 2011, I purchased Glee Season 1 for $12, Family Guy Vol 5 and Vol 6 for $34 and Firefly for $13. The last time I purchased Family Guy was in 2007. I also purchased a USB power outlet for $16 at Monoprice.

In 2010, I purchased a Sandisk mp3 player for $55. The last time I purchased a mp3 player was in 2006, and it crashed such that I lost half of my songs and I couldn't upload new songs.

In 2009, I purchased a leaf blower for my family, GPS for vacations, and 2.1 speakers for my PC all at cheap Black Friday prices.

My 2009-2011 purchases satisfied the convenience, necessity, must have, and long overdue combination. Good luck, be patient, shop around, and happy Black Friday shopping.

No comments: