Monday, January 07, 2013

Easing Into 2013

The holiday season is officially over. Today is the first Monday for 2013. I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year's Day. It was a long season in terms of the number of days. Thanksgiving started early on Nov 22, 2012. It felt like a long holiday to me.

It's time to get back to job searching. I'm happy I was interviewed seven times last year. Not too bad in the tough job market. I'm considering taking classes in software programs. I research the skills I learn the quickest, how relevant to my current job skills, and the cheapest.

I want to tell everyone to take it easy and slowly get back into the daily life of working, studying, taking care of the house for those raising children, and/or job searching. Avoid feeling you must get back to life before the holidays in 24 hours. Don't rush--haste makes waste. Settle in gradually. Make good choices, use timing to your advantage, relax, and have the state of mind to start fresh on the first Monday of the new year. It's like the beginning of the new season in sports such that everyone is 0-0. Everything is going to be okay.

No comments: