Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Mixed March Month

The month of March is usually a bad month in my life. My life gets better starting in April, and maintains a consistent good life for the rest of the year. My Mar 2013 is a mixed month of good moments and bad moments. I like to share what happened.

I started the month attending my cousin's baby celebration with local family, relatives, and cousin's family friends on Mar 2. It was the only family event in Mar. We went to my sister's fiance place afterwards for a dinner gathering; however, my girlfriend and I stayed for a few hours because we watched Argo in the evening.

In additional to Argo, I watched Lincoln on Mar 16, and Battleship and Sherlock Holmes 2 on Mar 23. I finished watching The Shield Season 2 on Mar 12 and I'm almost finished watching The Big Bang Theory Season 1. I had two anime marathons to catch up for the Fall '12 and Winter '13 seasons.

There were a few moments I turned back the clock to my past. The first was eating at Henry's Hi-Life on Mar 3. The last time I ate at Henry's was on 2001. I went ballroom dancing taking a beginning Hustle class at San Jose State on Mar 8. The last time I went ballroom dancing was on Mar 2011. And I read Mystery Of The Fat Cat by Frank Bonham on Mar 11. I was in fourth grade when I read the book for the first time. Unrelated to turning back my clock and related to time, I read The Time Machine by H.G. Wells on Mar 29.

I experienced problems with my Gaming PC. It started on Mar 7 when my PC displayed the blue screen of death on shutdown. I thought I fixed the problem using System Restore, running anti-virus, deleting temp files, and running disk defragment. They failed. I intermediately experienced the blue screen of death.

Another problem was physical. My upper right side of my back hurt. I pulled a muscle. The injury has lasted since Mar 10. I treated it with ice and Tiger Balm. I have not been lifting weights since then. My gym workout has been the treadmill and the stationary bike. I also injured my neck on Mar 12. The neck recovery took three days.

I updated my webpage on Mar 11 and my LinkedIn profile on Mar 17. Speaking of jobs, I finished a few online classes to refresh and relearn my job knowledge. The classes were Excel, Business Analyst, Crystal Reports, and Accounting. I interviewed for an accounting position at a tech company on Mar 26.

I crammed a total of 12 hours for the Accounting online classes before my interview. I experienced mind fatigue from Mar 26 to Mar 29. My body and soul were strong. I had trouble thinking. I slept long hours. I took a nap on Mar 28. My sleep schedule was inconsistent such that sometimes I slept at midnight and sometimes I slept at 3am.

A few miscellaneous items: I ate an Oatmeal Pop Tart for the first time, purchased Jockey undershirts and boxer briefs, and supported two Kickstarter board game projects. I didn't celebrate St. Patrick's Day and Pie Day.

I end the month cleaning the house. I vacuum the carpet, clean the bathroom, clean the kitchen, and mop the floors. I wear my gym clothes because it helps me control my sweat. And I purchase a Brita pitcher for the first time in my household.

No comments: