Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ice, Ice, And More Ice, Baby

I was inspired to write a short blog on ice. A very rare and minor injury happened to me. I strained my upper right back muscle at my shoulder blade on Sun. The last time I strained a back muscle was my upper left back muscle at my shoulder blade years ago. I asked myself, "How I treated my upper left back muscle?" The answer was ice.

I remember telling my parents ice was important. There was little room for ice. Most of the freezer was occupied with leftovers and meats my mom didn't cook. I did my best to have plenty of ice for home medical remedies. Ice is an old fashion treatment for bruises, bumps, and muscle strains.

I feel better today. I can raise my right arm. I have a minor neck strain. I can turn my head with a little pain. I anticipate full recovery on Fri. I concentrate working out on the treadmill and stationary bike to maintain physical activity.

Ice is important in a residence. Make an effort to have ice cube trays and a bin to store ice.

No comments: