Monday, April 29, 2013

Unsubscribe That Email

Checking my email is easier and faster today compared to the first days of 2013. I started to unsubscribe emails. I clicked the unsubscribe link for one or two emails I don't care anymore a day. My process was slow, patient, and effective. I didn't unsubscribe all in one day because I wanted to be 100% confident I unsubscribe the emails I no longer want to read anymore. Another reason was most emails I don't care were in my inbox once or twice a week.

I'm guessing I subscribed at least 60 emails. Most of the emails were articles, online sales, deals, and news. I believe less than 10% of emails I unsubscribed I had to unsubscribe multiple times.

Unsubscribing works. I was doubtful unsubscribing doesn't work because unsubscribing meant my email address was valid; thereby, I receive more spam. I clicked all the emails I didn't care and deleted them in the past. I save time checking email by deleting much fewer emails today.

No comments: