Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Second Look At 2012

It's the time of the year I look back at selected 2012 blogs. I comment and give myself feedback. My goal is to relearn from my mistakes, reinforce my lessons, remind myself my moments, refresh new knowledge, and rediscover new wisdom.

My Second Look At 2011 contained seven blogs. I'm happy 15 blogs made 2012's Second Look. I wrote better quality blogs, my self-awareness was stronger, and there was motivation to blog more. I learned more, shared more, and opened myself more. I experienced and discovered new moments and new experiences. I brought back the top ten lists. And I posted more picture blogs.

I wanted to post the second look in July. August seems to be the better month. I keep the month consistent going forward.

I provide the title and link to the original blog, date, summary, and my feedback. Enjoy!

Blog Title: No More Complaining, No More Whining
Date: Thursday January 5, 2012
Summary: The complainer and whiner I used to be is gone. Nobody wanted to be with me.
Feedback: A mature person stops complaining and makes changes. Be responsible. Be professional and everything you do. For instance, learn how to spell "whine".

Blog Title: Stay Focus
Date: Tuesday January 24, 2012
Summary: I was concerned having trouble concentrating on tasks and responsibilities.
Feedback: 2013 has been a better year concentrating and focusing. I'm getting more sleep and my gym workouts have been more consistent.

Blog Title: Life Lessons I Learned From Alex Smith
Date: Wednesday February 15, 2012
Summary: Alex Smith had the best year of his football career with the San Francisco 49ers' new head coach Jim Harbaugh. I observed and learned life lessons from his 2011 season.
Feedback: These six lessons were learned outside school. These were lessons discovered by living my life daily. I didn't learn these in my classrooms including college.

Blog Title: A Commentary On Going Back To The Basics
Date: Friday April 6, 2012
Summary: I posted a single blog containing my daily rules of life, my top 30 blogs from my first 300 blogs, and lessons I learned attending De Anza College. The blog is available anytime I'm lost or feeling depressed such that I need to find myself again.
Feedback: I saved the blog in .pdf and in my phone. The list is a refresher going back to the basics and remembering my strengths.

Blog Title: Myself and Many Others’ Crystal Reports Catch 22
Date: Wednesday April 18, 2012
Summary: A common catch 22 when applying for jobs requiring experience: how can I get experience if companies don't hire me. I used Crystal Reports as an example. I read books, took online classes, and watched videos to keep my knowledge refreshed. That was all I can do. I have been waiting for a job opportunity to apply Crystal Reports. The best way to learn Crystal in my past jobs was to just do it at work.
Feedback: I was interviewed for an Accounts Receivable Analyst position in April 2013. A friend helped me get the interview. One of the job requirements was knowing SAP. I have no experience in SAP. The hiring manager said no problem. We provided training. Learning SAP was not hard.

What the heck? Here I am seeing almost every job opening requiring X or X to Y years experience for this and that. When I see some positions requiring experience for a software program I feel I can learn on the job, I'm going to submit my resume.

Today's job market is an employer's market. The employer can be picky.

Blog Title: Chapter N: Playtime Is Over
Date: Friday May 18, 2012
Summary: It's time to grow up and be a mature adult. The young life must end.
Feedback: Another playtime chapter ended in May 2013. I stopped attending Fanime Con and retired wearing costumes to anime conventions.

Blog Title: Use Your Knees And Elbows
Date: Saturday June 9, 2012
Summary: Get physically active using your knees and elbows.
Feedback: Here's another way to motivate getting physical. Use your knees and elbows to avoid future physical problems. Keep your health strong.

Blog Title: This Is A Test
Date: Monday July 16, 2012
Summary: I created a new template. I tested the new linking my blog features using Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
Feedback: If I continued my 2012 blog writing pace, then I posted approximately 59 blogs which was 16 fewer blogs than the 75 I wrote in 2011. I was satisfied my 2012 final blog count was 83 blogs.

A 2013 goal is write at least 100 blogs.

Blog Title: My Open Cover Letter
Date: Monday September 17, 2012
Summary: I posted my job cover letter to the world including my achievements, my skills, and my ideal working conditions.
Feedback: I learned so much about job searching. I edited and revised my resumes and cover letters many times. I consolidated my job searching parameters. I listened to anyone with advice and information. A lesson I learned is don't take job searching for granted. There are hundreds who apply for the same job I apply.

Blog Title: Top Five Mistakes I Learned On And After Oct 4, 2008
Date: Thursday September 27, 2012
Summary: I grew up on that day I remember for the rest of my life. My important life lessons I learned on my own are the following: grow up, never take life for granted, earn it, always meet new people, and get up and do something, anything.
Feedback: I have been writing more blogs based on these top five lessons. The top five is worth another read to remind myself how to be a grown up adult and a mature person.

Blog Title: Top Ten Favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger Movies
Date: Tuesday October 9, 2012
Summary: My favorite movies starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Feedback: I brought back the top ten list blogs. I was inspired when I watch the Schwarzenegger interview on 60 Minutes. I watched more than ten Schwarzenegger movies.

Blog Title: Top Ten Favorite Board Games
Date: Saturday October 13, 2012
Summary: My favorite board games.
Feedback: Another top ten list blog. I played lots of new games such that the top ten is outdated. I need to add Ticket To Ride and The Resistance. I need to remove and rearrange some games.

Blog Title: Succeed Without Trying
Date: Friday November 2, 2012
Summary: Most of my successes in life was with little or no trying. It was like I was given my education diplomas and my jobs on a silver platter.
Feedback: Life caught up with me living an easy life. My current life is a real resemblance experiencing struggles, trials and errors, frustrations, catching up with I missed in my 20s, and learning wisdom. Read my blog because my feedback does no justice.

If there was a contest for best blogs written by amateur bloggers, then I submit this blog.

Blog Title: Growing Up Part 2
Date: Thursday December 6, 2012
Summary: I experienced another growing up moment on Wednesday November 7, 2012. A good personality goes a long way.
Feedback: I still remember the day inside Google waiting for my interview.

Blog Title: Me Versus My Sinus Infection IV
Date: Friday December 7, 2012
Summary: I chronicled how I recovered from being sick.
Feedback: As of the blog entry, I haven't got sick in 2013; although, I had a bad allergy attack in March.

No comments: