Saturday, August 31, 2013

Top Ten Thumbs Down Moments

I posted a Top Ten Thumbs Up Moments on Sun Apr 14, 2013. I'm going to post the Top Ten Thumbs Down Moments.

These thumbs down moments told me I did poorly, I disapproved, and I did it unsatisfactory. I made bad choices. I performed at my worse. My actions were poorly executed. The results were negative, unfavorable, and no long term benefit. The following top ten thumbs down failed me:

10. Attended Anime Expo (AX) 2007. (July 2007) I attended AX from 1999 to 2007 and 2009 to 2011. I skipped AX 2008 which took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center. 2008 went well. I should have skipped 2007 because AX took place at the smaller Long Beach Convention Center. It was a disaster.

9. Getting Sick That Was Avoidable. (Multiple Years) There were multiple events I got sick I should have avoided. I got sick when I ate poorly or skipped a meal. I got sick from sitting under a cold draft. I got sick when I drank little or no water. I got sick when I exerted myself while I was tired.

8. I Kept My Profitable Stocks. (1999-2000) Everyone made money during the dot-com boom. I could have sold my portfolio for a big profit. I didn't. I was stupid I held my stocks too long. I took a huge loss.

7. Wearing White T-Shirts. (2001-2008) I was lazy dressing up to go outside. I just put on a t-shirt, pants, socks, and shoes. Done. I realized wearing t-shirts looked terrible on me when I cared more about my appearance. The t-shirts communicated me being lazy, hateful, and unsocialable which was true.

6. Napster. (2007-2008) Napster was a waste of money. I paid a monthly fee for unlimited music. I updated my mp3 device monthly at Napster's website. My thinking was clouded with the unlimited music deal.

I should have purchased individual songs that were my top favorites instead of downloading lots of songs for which most were semi-favorites at best.

5. Summer Sabbatical. (2007) The worse summer ever. I stressed out in the first months working at Cisco. I wanted to take a break. I didn't. What happened? I did nothing. No trips, no new adventures, no new experiences, no meeting new people . . . nothing.

4. My Old Gym Workouts. (1998-2008) It took me 10 years to find out I have been working out wrong. A friend told me about Bodybuilding.com. I downloaded good gym workout plans. I took a Strength Development class at De Anza. I just need to workout at the gym consistently.

3. Few Friends. (1992-2005) Weak social life. Small circle of friends. Strong lonely life. I fail to understand how people can live with little or no people. Lonely life sucks.

I had to take my head out of my butt to realize I need to meet more people and make new friends. I started at Fanime Con 2005. The friendship count has been going up.

2. Quitting Mahjong (Riichi). (2007) I was frustrated losing games. I applied little effort learning the rules and memorizing the hands. I was fortunate to retry the game in 2009 when a friend challenged me to learn again.

Mahjong (Riichi) is one of my top ten favorite board games. I look forward to play for the rest of my life. It's a great social game.

1. Took Life For Granted. (Up To 2008) Nothing bad happened to me. I lived a life everything good happens to me. Everything in my life went well from my childhood to my second job.

Life went downhill when my contract was terminated at Cisco. I learned a big lesson when I realized I must grow up. Don't take life for granted. I must earn what I want in life.

No comments: