Monday, October 14, 2013

Top Ten Deals

We have experienced good purchases and bad purchases. We remember those purchases reminding us to take advantage of huge savings and avoiding too expensive prices. I looked back at my purchases. There were lots of good deals.

The best place to find consistent deals is at Daiso, a Japanese store selling most items at $1.50. I purchased light bulbs for $.25, snacks for $1.00, and a mouse pad for $1.50. I even created a Daiso wish list when I move out of the house. Daiso is number eight in my top ten list.

I like to share my top ten deals.

10. Wheat Thins (2009). Safeway sold Wheat Thins for $.99 the week before the Super Bowl. I have never seen $.99 Wheat Thins thereafter.

9. Ramnue (2007). The cashier scanned the wrong bar code. She scanned the individual bottle bar code instead of the six pack bar code. I paid six Ramnue for the price of one.

8. Daiso (Multiple Times). The list is endless buying items at Daiso. 500 toothpicks for $1.50 is a great example. Stationary, cups, electronics, batteries, bare necessities, etc. The quality of some items is not good. Be prepared for disappointment sometimes.

7. Betrayal At The House On The Hill (2007). The first edition board game was out of print because there were too many errors. People were selling the game on eBay for over $100.00. I found the game at a game store unopened and selling at full retail $49.99. I was lucky.

6. Ranma 1/2 Season 1 on VHS (1996). A comic book store was going out of business. The owner sold five of the six VHS tapes in stock for $5 each. The retail price is $30 each.

5. Anime Expo '99 (1999). Many sellers in the dealer's room sold goods from 25% to 40%. I purchased two VHS box sets at 40% off and a plushie at 25% off.

4. The Orange Box (2007). Valve released The Orange Box which contains five video games for the price of one. IGN.com was quoted "The best deal in videogame history" at the time. The video games included Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, and Portal. We paid $10 for each game.

3. Black Friday (Multiple Times). I purchased a 2TB Western Digital External hard drive for $75 on Black Friday 2012. There were multiple Black Friday's I purchased $3 DVDs and $10 TV box sets. I purchased a 19" flat panel for $130 on Black Friday 2006.

2. Gas (Dec 2008). The financial and real estate bubble recession that started in late 2008 gave us cheap gas. I paid $1.73 a gallon for gas.

1. Dell Inspiron 8600 (2005). I purchased my first laptop at closeout price. The regular price was over $2000. I paid $1,250.

No comments: