Saturday, July 12, 2014

Work Sat Jul 12, 2014

The USA played Germany in the World Cup on Thur Jun 26. Maybe the game explained El Monte Road with no cars in contrast to earlier in the week with too many cars.

The store was full with the Caymus wine tasting on Fri Jun 27 at the second store. I drank the Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon. I liked it. I tried to stay busy with lots of free time.

Sun Jun 29 was my first Sun shift at the second store. It was dead. The manager told me go to home early.

The owner called me asking why there were no emails from me. The call happened on Wed Jul 2. I was angry. She implied I slacked off. I was doing work. Look at my track record. I'm productive. I get the job done. The owner asked how she can help. I said in my mind, "Shut up. Let me do my work." I went beast mode after the phone call. I went home at 7:40pm after I arrived at exactly 10am.

I was angry at myself on Thur Jul 3. I used Excel to calculate the costs for a big order that included Joel Gott and Napa Cellars wines. I was rusty naturally because I haven't used Excel in a work environment in a long time. The rustiness can hurt my chances of getting a new job because almost all jobs wants recent experience such that they want the new worker to work immediately without training. The new worker is fresh from his or her last job. People out of work for a long time are at a disadvantage. I have a loss of hope for society's future. Nobody gives people hungry to learn or to refresh their job skills and knowledge to get back to the workforce.

I was off work on Fri Jul 4 and Sat Jul 5. Everyone's hours were reduced during the Fourth Of July weekend.

I was back to work on Sun Jul 6 at the second store. My first assignment was investigating why the stock status was off for a spice. Both stores are selling spices. The store was dead. The store became active during the beer tasting. The turnout was higher than everyone expected for the Fourth Of July weekend. The beer and spirits expert submitted his two week notice.

Both stores closed early because the owner organized a Fourth Of July party for both stores. I attended. The host did a good job cooking dinner.

We were shorthanded for Tue Jul 8. I worked at the front end for 40 minutes. Everyone paid attention to Germany defeating Brazil 7-1 in the World Cup. I learned another worker got a full time job somewhere else. He worked at the company for one month. He plans to work here one day a week.

I had a mild stomach ache on Wed Jul 9. I believe it was the sugary breakfast I ate at work. I visited my dentist before my shift started. I ate a slice of Round Table Pizza which helped my half-ass lunch from home. The winemaker for today's wine tasting arrived late. There was a good turnout despite the late start. I was tired and lacked focus.

My moment of the day happened when a customer called for a wine. We didn't have the wine; however, the wine rep who provided the wine was in store. I told the rep and the owner about the wine and the customer. The owner took over the customer's order request.

Thur Jul 10 was the deadliest day ever at the first store. We were fully staffed. Some of us were tired. Some of us were bored. I was tired. I had lots of free time. There were no deliveries. I helped a co-worker bailed her out and other co-worker's problems with my free time.

We had problems with today's tasting at the second store on Fri Jul 11. There has been never a problem free wine tasting despite planning ahead. Nobody turned on the air condition. I turned it on before my late 4pm lunch. I forgot to clock back in after lunch. I emailed the manager at the first store to adjust my time sheet.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: