Friday, September 12, 2014

Recovered Tragedies

Everyone is going to experience a tragedy. There's no escaping the bad moments. It's part of life. The best people endure the pain and suffering following a tragedy. They have strength. They have courage. They learn from the tragedy. Wisdom is acquired. They continue moving forward.

I experience tragedies. I find a way to overcome these bad events. I remember them. I learn from them. I get stronger. I get smarter. I get wiser. I'm better prepared the next time I experience a tragedy. I never quit because quitting means I might as well be dead. My world didn't come to an end. Something good comes out of my tragedies. My life helps me out whether I do it myself or outside influence helps me.

Here are some personal tragedies and the aftermath.

Quitting Anime (2004). Quitting anime was a minor tragedy. I talked to a high school friend who was phasing out of anime because he was losing interest and new life priorities. Anime was a big part of my life. I questioned life without anime after the conversation.

One event saved me from quitting anime. The event was the anime series Fullmetal Alchemist Midnight Marathon at Fanime Con '04. I wore a costume of the main character thanks to my mom who created the costume. Watching 17 straight episodes from midnight to 7am saved me from quitting anime and I started wearing costumes to anime conventions. I continued being an anime for 10 more years.

I Was Lost (2008). The lowest moment ever in my life. I really didn't know who I was. I was confused, weak, and ignorant. I didn't know what was going on. I had no control. The Raymond Mar I knew before Sat Oct 4, 2008 was not the real Raymond Mar.

What happened on Sat Oct 4, 2008? I realized I must grow up. My life changed forever. I began finding who is the real Raymond Mar. I remembered the new adventures, experiences, interests, and people entering my life. I took responsibility for my actions and my thoughts. I stopped taking life for granted. I earned what I want. I began to live life from a mature point of view.

My learning and my growing continues. They never stop. There are more people to meet. There are more new experiences to experience and new adventures to seek. I continue to be active physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially. I stay active going to the gym and hiking. I read books and learn something new. I stay positive and strong. I work hard to earn a higher income. I keep looking for new opportunities in anything that interests me. I'm not going to settle.

The Breakup (2013). Alien cat broke up with me. We dated for 2 years and 10 months. I was depressed. The extra free time made me think. I thought about working hard to get a job. I was unemployed at the time. It was time to refresh my job skills, redo my resume, and job search every day. Finding a full time job is a full time job. I worked hard and I worked correctly to find a job. I found a job six weeks later.

Two Days And Out (2014). I quit my new job after working for two days on Tue Sep 9. I can't explain the details because I signed a non-disclosure agreement. I was sad and I was mad. The rest of the week I job search, refresh my job skills, and learn new job skills. I continue working hard on the weekends. What happens next? Time will tell.

Light At The End Of The Tunnel (Various) Finally, when my past companies went downhill, I found another job to save me. I worked at Colliers leaving Grubb & Ellis in 1999. I worked at Cisco leaving Colliers in 2007. There is another job waiting for me after leaving Artisan. When am I starting my new job? Very soon.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: