Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Work Wed Nov 26, 2014

Mon Nov 17: I purchased a cheap mouse pad at Fry's Electronics. The $2.00 mouse pad works well.

I took the service elevator to exit my building. There is a fourth elevator that takes people directly to shipping & receiving for which people can enter and exit the building.

I continue to adjust to an 8am-5pm work day. The adjustment is difficult. I want a routine workday which includes working out at the gym, continuing self job training, learning new job skills, reviewing MySQL, reviewing Access, and learning data analysis. Python is a low priority. I went to my gym last Sat and Sun. I was rusty. I felt stiff.

Tue Nov 18: I forgot to turn on my alarm clock last night. I woke up at 6:14am. I arrived at 8:10am. If I didn't brush my teeth, I arrived much earlier. There were more cars on the expressway today compared to yesterday.

I ate Kung Pao Chicken to supplement my lunch because I need extra energy for the gym workout. The grill was broken. No hamburger.

I finished my assignment from the risk manager. I started the assignment on Mon. I overheard her saying I may not have enough work after my initial contract term in a phone conversation. We shall see what happens. Live the present. Live the moment.

Today was the first time I worked out at the company gym. It's decent with a mix of machine weights, cardio equipment, free weights, yoga equipment, and classes. The men's locker room is across the hall. The locker room reminds me of the Marriott hotel in Downtown San Jose.

Wed Nov 19: I arrived at 8:15am. I planned a 45 minute lunch to compensate arriving 15 minutes late.

My next assignment was from my engineer. More RMAs to enter into the database.

I found the stairway from my floor to the gym on my way to the cafeteria for lunch. It rained in the afternoon. My first work day raining. I walked the breezeway back to my cubicle after lunch. The breezeway is covered.

My risk manager checked my worked after lunch. We discussed my errors.

I took the stars next to the service elevator to exit my building. It took me to another employee entrance.

Thur Nov 20: I listened to KFOX 98.5 from 9am-12pm. The station plays commercial free classic rock between 9am-12pm. I needed the music because I was falling asleep. My floor was stuffy. I turned on my fan. My two plants need water at least two times a week.

There was a G&A meeting at 2:30pm in the cafeteria. I don't know what G&A stands for. The head departments and executives spoke to the audience. The meeting started by getting an idea how many years people worked in the company. A small handful worked in the company over three years.

My impression of the work environment in the three weeks I worked was get the job done. Nobody slacks off.

The entire day was slow. My engineer was in meetings all day. The free time he spent was giving me additional training including using our Arena database. I spent a few minutes donating money to a local charity for their Thanksgiving charity drive.

Fri Nov 21: I drove 15 minutes from home to work.

The entire floor was quiet in the late morning and early afternoon. The full time employees went to a charity event. The contractors stayed behind. Another contractor introduced herself. She works three weeks at the end of each fiscal quarter; however, she has been working many days in Nov. Moments later, she, the contractor who trained me on my first day, and I conversed.

I ate my own granola bar in my lunch bag. The coffee room was out of granola bars.

The grill was repaired. I ordered a burger to supplement my lunch. I needed the energy because I went to the company gym after work.

Mon Nov 24: I drove 12 minutes from home to work. The morning work music was from my smart phone. I listened to Hey Jude from The Beatles at least ten times.

I finished two assignments from my engineer I started last week. The next assignment was finishing the project I was assigned on my second week. The floor was quiet and busy because everyone wanted to get their assignments done before the Thanksgiving holiday. I was getting better entering the RMAs into the database with more experience, more knowledge, and more training.

My neck was in pain. It must be a muscle strain.

I saw my first stalled car going home.

Tue Nov 25: I purchased a bottle of Advil at Walgreens before work. My neck started to feel better after I took two tablets.

I saw my first accident on my way home. There were a few cars driving recklessly.

Wed Nov 26: My plans working out at the gym fell through. I'm still adjusting to the 8am-5pm work schedule. I'm not getting enough sleep. My neck still hurts. I continued to take Advil.

I attended my first monthly birthday celebration. We celebrated the people with Nov birthdays. There were cupcakes. I was put on the spot when the operations manager wanted me to introduce myself. I was prepared ahead of time for my personal fun fact because the personal fun fact is a common question for all new hires. I mentioned my fun fact is my above average long term memory.

A supply engineer told me background information about the division including the executives and the senior managers. He wanted to have lunch with me at a future time.

I went home at 6pm. I checked my personal email at 5:30pm. I wrote Happy Thanksgiving on my cubicle whiteboard.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: