Monday, February 02, 2015

Work Mon Feb 2, 2015

Fri Jan 23: I rechecked my local component database I created using Access. I forgot to add vendor data. I exported the component data to Access for the second time most of the day.

Mon Jan 26: I woke up late because of a lack of good nutritious meals last weekend. Last weekend was busy; for instance, cleaning up the house, buying new hardware for my PC, visiting friends in the East Bay, and going to the gym. The morning commute was unusual. It felt like a mid week commute.

The SAP administrator organized an impromptu meeting. We discussed SAP enhancements for two hours.

The commute home was fast. The total drive was 16 minutes.

Tue Jan 27: I took a 30 minute lunch because I needed to leave work at 5pm. I enrolled in the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training. Seven classes total. Tue, Wed, and Thur this week and next week. The final class is Sat Feb 8 9:30am-12:30pm.

Wed Jan 28: I thought about people eating out for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner. I have a better understanding why some people eat out consistently. They must eat out. They have responsibilities they must complete. There are out of control situations which must be dealt. The responsibilities and situations take time. I believe most of these people who eat out consistently honestly want to eat healthy. They want to cook their own meals. Unfortunately, they're short on time. They're fatigued. They're busy for good reasons. I give them slack.

I submitted a help desk ticket to IT because the copier's toner cartridge was out. I chuckled because IT transferred my ticket to the Facilities Department. IT is responsible to replace the cartridge.

I drove home on a neighborhood street because the expressway was unusually backed up. I was surprised there were very few cars on the street. I made good time. I consider the neighborhood street for future commutes home. There are more signal lights. There is less stop and go breaking. The speed limit is slow. The worse section of the street is driving around the shopping mall.

Thur Jan 29: I purchased take out breakfast at a diner. I ate half of my breakfast after settling in. I finished my breakfast for a mid morning snack.

Fri Jan 30: My engineer and I had a morning meeting. I learned there is a good chance my contract is extended. There is no chance of a long-term contract or a full time position. My contract is completed when the SAP database is automated. I start updating my resume on Mar 3 which is the last day of my four month contract. My thinking process is no need to update my resume now because I'm guaranteed work in Feb.

I ate lunch at the cafeteria. There were no leftovers from last night.

Mon Feb 2: The day after Super Bowl XLIX. The championship game was the most watched television show in USA history. My entire floor was quiet at 8:50am. I ate a Pop Tart for breakfast. I woke up at 7:30am because I was exhausted. There was too much sodium in my body from yesterday's snacks. I drank a glass of water after getting up from my bed immediately. The glass of water was my coffee. I was wide awake.

I ended the day feeling the most frustrated since I started. My engineer gave me more instruction in the SAP database I should have been trained months ago. Some of the RMA manufacturing information I entered are incorrect. It was an honest mistake. I'm following how I'm trained. I let it go because the information is secondary. I correct if my engineer tells me.

I feel the best way to continue learning the job is continuing trial and error and learning from my mistakes by doing. If I get one-on-one training, chances are I learn it the wrong way from his confused explanations. I give the vendors more benefit of the doubt when they submit the incomplete or incorrect RMAs for which I add missing information or correct. The vendors likely received bad training from my engineer. Maybe I shouldn't correct the RMAs submitted from the vendors because I might create more errors.

We analyzed a line chart I created my engineer requested. The information the line chart portrayed was confusing. We discussed. I understood him after asking follow up questions. A bar chart was the better choice. He was terrible explaining what he wanted.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: