Friday, April 10, 2015

Two Hypocrite Moments From My Childhood

I remember my parents told me to socialize when I was a child. I was quiet. They told me to socialize. That's it. My parents never taught me how to communicate with other people. No lessons. No sharing knowledge. I also remember my parents told me to stop watching TV. I admit I watched lots of TV. The TV lesson worked in my Fall Semester 1994 when I attended San Jose State University as a young adult. I stopped watching TV. My grades went up.

I realized the importance of socializing years later. Socializing is an important skill to meet new people, make new friends, and succeed in the professional world. I created new circles of friends, experienced new experiences with people, and learned new concepts listening to other people. People are important to be successful. Nobody can't succeed alone. I enjoy long conversations.

My parents are entering their retirement years. They have no socializing skills. They have no friends. They watch too much television. I was a late bloomer. I realized I must grow up on Sat Oct 4, 2008. My first choice growing up was I forgive my parents for the lack of parenting. I'm responsible for myself today.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: