Sunday, February 07, 2016

Top Ten Table Top Game Moments

Playing board games is one of my favorite hobbies. Board games bring people together. I see myself playing board games in my old years to keep using my brain. I used to play role playing games back in college. Any games played on a table are table top gaming.

I'm not really good at playing board games and role playing games. I haven't won popular games such as Puerto Rico, Dominion playing with four players, 7 Wonders, and Munchkin. I'm getting better playing games recently. My guesses are I'm concentrating better and I'm learning from my mistakes faster.

I experienced my memorable moments for which I share in the meantime. 1997 was a great role playing game year. My regular Robotech players were together adjusting our schedules. Also, I was introduced to Dungeon & Dragons. 1997 Year Of The Role Playing Game is number 13 in my Top 40 Most Memorable Moments.

Here are my top ten table top game moments:

10. Robotech Guts (Summer 1994). My character played a win or my character dies game of Guts. I drew a card and the game master drew a card from a standard 52 deck of cards. If I won, then my character lived. If I lost, my character died. I drew a three of clubs. The game master drew a two of clubs. I won.

9. First Wins (Multiple Dates). I remember my first games won. Some of them were Mahjong (Riichi) first hand in Oct 2009, Mahjong (Riichi) first game in Jul 2010, three player Dominion in Oct 2012, Master's Gallery in Jan 2014, and Ascension player vs player in Jan 2015. I counted Ascension even though my opponent and I played on our smart phones.

8. Actual Shadownrun Earthquake (1992). I played a Shadowrun role playing game at a friend's house. There was an earthquake. We were shocked minutes after the earthquake ended.

7. Betrayal House On The Hill First Edition (Aug 2008). The first edition was out of print because there were too many errors. The game was expensive on eBay. I received an email from a friend who saw a new version at a gift shop. I purchased the game at suggested retail price.

6. Marge's Wedding Dress (2002). My friends and I played The Simpsons Trivia Game. One question was from the episode "Marge On The Lam." I guessed out of the blue Marge's wedding dress. My guess was the correct answer.

5. Chess (Fall 1988). I was introduced to chess in high school. I played chess during the lunch hour in my freshmen, part of my sophomore, and my junior years. I also learned how to play four player chess.

4. Pictionary (1987-1988). My family and I played Pictionary on Sat evenings. Fun times during me and my siblings' childhood.

3. Mystery Mansion (1986-1988). My brother and my cousin played Mystery Mansion when we were kids. Some of the games we didn't finish in the evening we continued the next morning.

2. Mahjong (Riichi) (2009-present). I mentioned my first Mahjong (Riichi) wins earlier. I actually played in 2007 for which I quit. A friend challenged me and another friend to learn the rules and hands in one week. Thank you mDuo13 for the challenge. Mahjong (Riichi) is one of my all time favorite games.

Similarly, I played Mahjong Classical Version when I was in junior high with my brother and my cousin.

1. 2007 The Year My Eyes Were Opened (2007). Forget the Toys R Us games I played when I was a child. Forget Monopoly, Clue, Life, UNO, and Scrabble. I welcomed Settlers of Catan, Fluxx, Munchkin, and Carcassonne.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: