Saturday, March 25, 2017

Top Ten Songs That Cheers Me Up Updated

I felt depressed, sad, and desponded recently. We're human. I looked at my top ten songs to cheer me up. I was shocked some of the top ten songs were on the list they shouldn't been. I felt angry. Enough said. Here are my top ten songs updated:

10. "We Are The Champions" by Queen. Band member Brian May was quoted, "We wanted to get the crowds waving and singing. It's very unifying and positive."

9. "Don't Dream It's Over" by Sixpence None The Richer. The band sang the song originally sung by Crowded House.

8. "Feel Again" by One Republic. Come back on your own. Embrace life. Love again. The song was released in 2012.

7. "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette. Part of the lyrics below:

Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
When you think everything's okay and everything's going right
And life has a funny way of helping you out when
You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up
In your face

6. "Hold On" by Wilson Philips. Hang on for one more day. I'm reminded my life in the early 1990s. The song was a Song Of The Year nominee for the 1991 Grammy Awards.

5. "Unwell" by Matchbox Twenty. The song saved my ass when I was lost. I didn't know what I was doing in Sep-Oct 2008. Rob Thomas wrote the song for people who are, "messed up and feel alone like that. We all feel a little messed up sometimes... you're not alone."

4. "Better Days" by Goo Goo Dolls. I learned the power of forgiveness listening to the song. I feel optimistic. The song was originally for a Target store Christmas album.

3. "Man In The Mirror" by Michael Jackson. Part of the lyrics below:

And no message could have been any clearer
If you want to make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change

2. "Hey Jude" by The Beatles. Paul McCartney wrote the song to comfort John Lennon's son, Julian, during Lennon's divorce. The song comforts me in a different way. Song credited to Lennon-McCartney.

Honorable mentions: "Take A Chance" by ABBA, "Cuts Like A Knife" by Bryan Adams, "Changes" by David Bowie, "Lose Yourself" by EMINEM, "Crazy For You" by Madonna, "You're The One That I Want" by Olivia Newton-John, and "Lady Madonna" by The Beatles.

1. "Let It Be" by The Beatles. One of the best life lessons I learned. I listen to the song to remember the wisdom let it be.

Side note: Here's my initial top ten songs that cheer me up on Feb 27, 2013: Top Ten Songs That Cheers Me Up

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: