Sunday, June 04, 2017

Addicting To Learn Programming

One of my personal projects is learning Python. I hope knowing how to program creates job interviews. I have been learning new job skills while job searching.

Project Euler is a website asking math questions to help people learn programming. For example, problem 1 is find the sum of all multiples of 3 or 5 below 1000. People write a program to solve the problem. Some people use C. Some people use JavaScript. Some people use Python. The best way to learn programming is write programs.

I wrote a program for problem 3 Largest Prime Factor on Fri Jun 2. The program I wrote was successful. It calculated the largest prime factor for 10, 100, 1000, and 13195. However, my Ubuntu didn't have enough memory to calculate the largest prime factor for 600851475143. I spent hours figuring out how to write my Python code requiring less memory. I was laser focus like the late Steve Jobs. I became forgetful. I ignored all my surroundings. I lost my sense of time. I was stressed unnecessarily. There was no deadline. I wanted to complete the problem desperately. I could have waited next week to continue. I solved problem 3 at 2am on Sat Jun 3. Was it worth the extra hours staying up? My answer is no. My addiction to learn programming was like being addicted to binge watch Breaking Bad or an all-nighter playing video games decades ago.

No more learning programming addiction. I gather my strength and my courage to take a timeout when I reach the stress point solving programming problems. Timeout rests my brain. There is a chance my timeout helps me solve my problem with a rested brain. Moreover, there are easier, non-mathematical learning websites for programming students to solve problems; for example, Practice Python. Google "Python programming problems" to find more Python problems websites.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

2 comments:

seo company in mumbai said...

e2w

seo company in mumbai said...

Nice blog love to read this article. we are providing here all assignments expert service for students. here you got every topic we are cover.
python assignment help