Saturday, June 26, 2010

De Anza Week June 21, 2010

Mon June 21, 2010

Taking the Mon night class instead of the Wed night class was the best choice in Spring '10 quarter. I had lots of fun. The negative was the men having problems learning basics of the basics. The class stayed past 9:15 for the final. We learned another move for the Hustle. Then we reviewed all the dances we learned: Nite Club Two Step, Tango, East Coast Swing, and the Rumba. Five dances. Great class. It's unfortunate almost all of the couples were frustrated and had trouble learning. The key is rotating partners. On the other hand, most of the men having problems I don't blame the women not wanting to rotate.

The class was not full. I'm guessing some students dropped and some students didn't show up for the final. I heard one student had an excuse.

Tue June 22, 2010

The first day of finals. My first final is Acct 66 Cost Accounting. The last day of class the instructor told us what to expect for the final. We got the chapters, the questions asked, the questions guaranteed on the final, and the bonus problem which was the last chapter we didn't finish. Student should score high on the final when we do the homework for the problem section and read the chapter for the multiple choice. I studied the same way I prepared for the second mid-term. The final is the chapters after the second mid-term. It's not cumulative.

The students got the final. What the fuck! One of the multiple choice questions was from the second mid-term; fortunately it was easy. One of the problems was on the last chapter. The students protested. The instructor didn't remember saying the last chapter is the bonus question. I wrote the bonus question topic for the last chapter in my notes, and I studied it. Also, one of the multiple choice questions was from the last chapter. I'm lucky I knew the answer. I was wrong regarding the instructor who said he wrote the final weeks before finals. He did write the final because it contained questions from the last chapter. He must have a grudge against something and taking it out us students. And he's lazy he didn't change the final. He must have played the ignorance card.

The solution was the last chapter became a bonus question. That question was beyond what I studied. He adjusted the points to the five multiple choice questions and the two problems. How well did I do? I froze. It proves I'm human and I'm not perfect. I got all the multiple choice questions. One of the problems the numbers didn't add up. I'm confident I applied the formulas correctly. He said there is no answer with zero. I got two answers with zero. Oh, well. The grade doesn't count when I transfer to a four year college.

I don't remember a San Jose State professor giving a final that contained material the professor never lectured and not assigned as homework.

I learned a lesson today. Eat well on exam day. Today I failed to eat well. I ate a good breakfast. I ate a poor lunch. I should have been more active regarding lunch in the house. There were leftovers for lunch. I didn't like what my mom cooked last night. I ate a McDonalds. Bad move. My poor lunch was a factor for the Acct 66 final. My Acct 1C final is in the morning. A good breakfast take cares for Acct 1C. My Bus 18 is at 4pm. I take an active role to make sure I have a good lunch at home for the Bus 18 final.

Thur June 24, 2010

I talked to a friend who knew somebody who took Acct 1A with my Acct 66 instructor. She said he was terrible. If I took my Acct 66 instructor for my Acct 1A, I might have lost interested in getting an AA in accounting.

Today was my Acct 1C Managerial Accounting final. The final was 50% cumulative and 50% chapter 26. 50% of the final was multiple choice and true/false and 50% was problems. I didn't know the answers to two multiple choice and three true/false. I confident I got the problems. I know I got a passing grade. I got 100% on my Excel project. It looks great I'm getting an A.

I went out to lunch with a friend. We went to Potsticker King restaurant which is about 5 min drive from De Anza. The potstickers are huge. He was nice and treated me to lunch.

The last final is Bus 18. I spend time today and tomorrow studying. The final is at 4pm.

Fri June 25, 2010

My last final is Bus 18 Business Law. The final is actually mid-term #4. She starts the class with a 20 minute Q&A, a 5 minute break, and then the mid-term. I studied earlier today resulting in me arriving at 4:15pm. I missed the Q&A which was not a problem.

The final was easy in one way and hard in another way. It was easy because some questions the answers were obvious. It was also hard because there were lots of questions that required thinking. I know I earned a passing grade.

I went to the bookstore to sell my Bus 18 and Acct 66 textbooks. The De Anza bookstore and Premier bookstore were closed at 5pm. A friend told me to sell at Premier because they pay higher. I visit Premier tomorrow.

Highlights

Spring '10 was the fastest quarter for me. The spring vacation helped me relax from a crazy Winter '10 quarter. Everyone was eager to start Spring '10 in contrast to Winter '10 when nobody wanted to attend class on the first day. Spring '10 started to get too routine after the Memorial Day weekend. The month of June went really fast! I wanted the quarter to end because I was getting bored.

The lesson I learned was timing is everything. Timing was in my favor and timing was not in my favor. Each quarter I have learned a life lesson or I reinforced a life lesson I learned in the past. I failed to learn these lessons at San Jose State.

I may be taking a summer class. The class is Excel. I'm currently wait listed. If I get Excel, then it's one less class to take in Fall '10. The self paced Excel class is easy. I'm unemployed and I have the time. The timing is perfect.

I hope Fall '10 I have no breaks. One of my pet peeves attending college is breaks between class. Spring '10 I had a 45 minute break between Bus 18 and Acct 66. That was okay because I didn't need to bring my laptop to pass the time. Winter '10 was worse.

The quarter is over. It's time to catch up and time to write Innovating Common Knowledge blogs.

I'm A Good Guy Growing Up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: