Sunday, August 14, 2016

Be Grateful Day

Today I count my blessings. I evaluate what I have. I make the best of my present situation. I make the best of my living arrangements. Don't complain. I continue to improve my situation for the future. I innovate my life to be stronger, smarter, kinder, and wiser infinitely.

*My Brain. My brain has been getting stronger. I'm learning new skills such as Oracle and Python. I'm reviewing existing skills such as Excel and SQL. I'm reading books. I continue to experience new experiences such as hiking new trails and visiting new cities.

*My Health. Strong bodies and strong minds complement each other. I'm the healthiest I've ever been in my life. I workout at the gym four to five days a week. I minimize eating processed foods and eating at restaurants. I'm not eating processed foods and eating at restaurants moderately. I minimize them. I also include my oral health. I brush my teeth two times a day. And I take care of my body showering, shaving, and grooming.

*Clothes. I'm grateful my small amount of clothes has been lasting since 2008. My clothes include t-shirts, gym clothes, and hiking clothes. I look forward to buy new clothes when I achieve my independence. My shoes for formal events, gym, and hiking are included.

*Phone. My phone complements my life which includes keeping in touch with my friends on social media or texting, music for cardio, music for sleep, emergency communication, and looking up information. I don't play mobile games regularly. My phone doesn't control my life. My phone is on my belt holster in the prescience of people.

*Computers. I own a laptop and a desktop. My laptop is an HP Compaq 8510p I purchased in 2008 which runs great. My custom desktop was built in 2009 and upgraded in 2015 which also runs great. The hardware for both laptop and PC meets my computing needs. They're not fancy high-end. The DSL internet connection satisfies the household needs. We neither need high speed internet nor cable for TV and internet.

*Food. I admit the meals my household eat are boring. The positives are there's food on the table, food is healthy, and we eat healthy portions. I'm looking forward to improve my basic cooking skills.

*Shelter. The house has heating, air conditioning, and fans. Also, the house has a refrigerator, stove, microwave, running water, working toilets, lighting, furniture, and mattresses. And the house has fire extinguishers, candles, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, flashlights, and a first-aid kit.

*Wise Spending. I shop for goods on sale. I compare prices with competitors. I follow the resist the urge to splurge rule: wait 24 hours to splurge goods less than $100 and 48 hours to splurge goods $100 and greater. I'm not a hoarder.

*My Car. I take care of my 2005 Toyota Camry. I change the oil every 5,000 miles. I inspect the engine and tires when I fill up my car with Chevron gas. I purchase high end tires. I follow the routine maintenance schedule which includes changing filters and tire rotation.

*DVD. Everyone needs a distraction when life goes haywire. I own a small collection of DVD which follows my wise spending. My rule buying a DVD is I predict watching the DVD more than once. The DVD is not a watch once and then forget it like watching a movie once in a lifetime.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: