Monday, August 01, 2016

Your Life Map Is Full Of Colors, Scribbles, Eraser Marks

I had ideas how I lived my adult life when I was a child. I wanted to be a teacher when I was in grade school. I wanted to be a design engineer in junior high school. I wanted to be a math teacher when I was in high school. My first career after graduating from college the first time was in commercial real estate. I never thought I worked in commercial real estate for eight years. Further, I never thought of going back to college during the 2009 Great Recession. My two jobs after my second time in college didn't help me get a long-term job. I never thought I experience multiple times of long-term unemployment.

Adults tell kids to follow our dreams. Adults hold off telling kids dreams are hard to achieve. Hard work is required. Frustrations must be experienced. Be prepared to learn from mistakes. Challenges are really challenges not to be taken lightly. Be open for setbacks. Dreams are not achieved in a straight line. Some dreams die such that a new dream must be created. Maybe adults hold off because most adults never experienced the frustrations, challenges, and setbacks and/or don't know how to teach hard work. If a dream is too easy to achieve, then it probably is too easy.

My Map

I mapped my life like millions of other children when we were young. Did my map guide me from point A to point B or from childhood to present adulthood? No. My map has too many colors, scribbles, and eraser marks. I need another color to differentiate a change due to circumstances beyond my control. I need to scribble a different route because of an event. I need an eraser to stop because of a tragedy. I need a new pen to draw a new path.

We rarely get what we want. We make the best of the present situation. We find the joy in our current life. We continue to seek happiness because humans want to be happy. Be strong and be courageous to be happy. I'm still working hard to be happy. A life clique is true for today's blog: I hope for the best.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: