Sunday, April 15, 2007

Free Bird

O.K. The title of the Blog is unrelated to what I'm talking about. I'm listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd and I said, "Free Bird" which is my title XP

Update at Cisco. Tomorrow, I start my fifth week at Cisco. No complaints. There are lots to learn. And I need to know more Crystal Reports. Last week, it took me all week to complete an assignment. I was happy, lucky, and concern. I was happy I finished my assignment because it involved Crystal, and my Crystal knowledge is still newbie. I was lucky because there were moments I needed to think of another way to do it and I did it. My concern was the assignment was updating the monthly statistics report which was in a quarterly format. For those who produce monthly and/or quarterly reports, I believe we are talking on the same page. A quarterly format is not used for monthly reports because nobody wants to read a quarterly reports 12 times a year ;-)

Here are two Innovating Common Knowledge Blogs. Enjoy!

Working Hard? Learn How To Cook

Do you work hard? Some people do. And some people work too hard. If you work too hard and need to find a new activity to take a break, then consider cooking.

Many people who work too hard chances are high they can't cook. They eat at restaurants, eat processed foods, drink coffee . . . unconcerned what they eat. You are what you eat. One may be making lots and lots of money; however, how can one enjoy the money if they work too hard and are unhealthy to spend. If a hard worker is staying in the hospital in bad health, then all the money may not be able to save his or her life, and who wants to spend hard working money in medical bills $-/ A dead hard worker can't spend money six feet under X.X

There are many benefits to cook at home. For me, I cook healthy food. The more healthy food I eat, the less likely I visit the hospital. Eating healthy food promotes good healthy habits, keeps the weight acceptable, and keeps the brain active and heart pumping and pumping. When I cook, I take a break from work. I take food and ingredients to create something for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My brain slows down from the fast pace, critical thinking working environment. Even brains need to rest from thinking too long. And when I think of anything including work, the kitchen provides me an environment to think differently, think slowly, and think at the back of head. My primary brain thinking is cooking without burning the stove. *hee, hee*

Please visit my webpage www.innovateinfinitely.com/cooking101.html to find simple recipes.

Bored? Do Something Out Of The Ordinary

One of my pet peeves is boredom. I hate to be bored. Boredom wastes time. Some say being bored is O.K. It's like a time out. For me, though, if I want to be bored, I take a nap. (-,-)

Boredom is an opportunity to do something out of the ordinary. I remember in August 21, 2005, I was super bored. It was the last time I was super bored, and I even wrote the moment on paper. What I did was I looked at all of my anime art books including Full Metal Alchemist, Evangelion, and Card Captor Sakura. Since the day, when I get super bored, I find activities I usually never do. I find activities I never did in a long time. I just find something, anything, whatever, and think of new activities and new ventures to pursue.

Here are some activities to consider when bored: watch a DVD never watched in a long time, take a walk around the neighborhood, read a book, play an old video game, clean the bathroom, listen to a CD never listened to before, go shopping, organize a future gathering, create a Blog, watch YouTube videos, learn how to cook (huh, what?), and take a nap.

Life goes by fast. The older the person, the faster life goes by. Live every moment in the present. Live right now. Boredom is evil in life. Stay active, and it's O.K. to take life slowly. Just don't sit on the couch waiting for life to come to you. Do something, anything, whatever, and think of new activities and new ventures to pursue.

No comments: