Monday, May 14, 2007

$.41 Stamp

My department's Q3FY07 report is almost finished. There are final details and summaries to be completed. It's frustrating at Cisco making lots of mistakes; fortunately, I learn from the mistakes. In time, the more I expose myself to my department's functions, the better I'm going to be. I work smarter, not harder.

Couple of latest happenings. Today, the price to mail a letter is $.41, up from $.39. Each additional ounce is $.17, down from $.24. The last time the United States Postal Service raised prices was January 2006. The increase seems like yesterday.

On Saturday May 12, I attended a birthday party for two people at a park. Two birthday cakes were in my car's trunk. The car was parked in a non-shaded area. I walked to my car to get the cakes because I fear the cakes got warm. After opening the trunk, I grabbed my pants to wear over my shorts because the weather started to get cold. I closed the trunk and realized I left the keys in the trunk :(

Fortunately, the park was 15 minutes away from home. I called my parents to bring the spare car key. My Dad arrived with the spare key. The party continued without problems. Lesson learned: after opening the trunk, secure the keys in my pocket.

The second happening is I have been laughing too much lately. Bad for me :< I wrote a Blog titled "Innovating My Enthusiasm" about me laughing too much . . . being enthusiastic too much. It's great to be really, really happy. I need to control the happiness, the laughter, the enthusiasm. Recently, unfortunately, I'm really, really happy and I lose my control. I need to keep my happiness in check and don't laugh all the time. Yes, laugh when someone says a good joke. No, don't laugh for no reason. There are better ways to express happiness in any particular moment or situation except laughing.

No comments: