Saturday, April 28, 2007

I Promise To Keep My Age Positive

One of my regrets today is I wasted time during my 20s. I can't turn back the clock. I must move forward. What did I know back then? I thought I did well.

A few weeks ago two people told me when I joke about my 30s, when I told people my regrets in my 20s, when I told people my wisdom and how to have a better life in their 20s, they worried about me Worried about me??? Gee, I never thought about that. Worried about me?? All I was doing was telling them don't waste time, don't waste life. It seemed I communicated incorrectly. There was a hint of regret >.>

Age 30s is considered young in today's society. Truthfully, I feel left out on life, and I don’t want others to experience my faults, what I fail to do in my last 10 to 12 years. As it turns out, people worry about my well being everytime I say anything negative about my age.

Perhaps I'm in denial about my 30s and I feel older. I don't know. I see people younger than me having the time of their lives, living in the present and being young, and some of them smarter than me. Rest assured. I'm catching up, and sooner or later, my catching up speeds up faster and faster. Maybe I should slow down once in a while XD

I make a promise today to keep my age positive. No more telling stories about what I failed to do. No more telling people my regrets. No more stay young stories. Age is just a number. And in time I must accept age is a number. Today, age is a factor in my life choices. As time moves forward, I seek the reasons to believe age is just a number, not a life hindrance.

No comments: