Sunday, January 27, 2008

Uncommon Days Require Uncommon Actions

What's a typical or common day? For students, wake up, go to school, work part-time, go home, and study. For full-time workers, wake up, go to work, go home, and go to sleep. There are breakfast, lunch, dinner, breaks, and leisure in between. What if a typical or common day is not? We experience uncommon days many times in our lives. Go with the flow. Break the common daily cycle and do uncommon actions to minimize the additional stress.

For instance, I was driving to Sacramento on Saturday January 12, 2008. My driver side rear tire blew out on Interstate 880 in Milpitas. I changed tires with California Highway Patrol help and arrived in Sacramento no problems at all. Here are pictures of the blown out tire:

Tire 1
Tire 2
Tire 3
Tire 4

On Monday January 14, 2008, I went to work early so I can leave work early to purchase a new tire. I skipped my morning breakfast and arrived at work early. I like to eat breakfast at home to save money eating out. I purchased breakfast at my company's cafeteria. Then I went to my cubicle to eat breakfast and to work. I left work at 4:00pm to purchase my new tire. I arrived home at 5:30pm. Usually, I arrived home before 7:00pm—most of the time around 6:40pm.

At 9:00pm, I worked on assignments. Fortunately, my position I finish my assignments at work. I'm old school such that I work at work and I relax at home. I telecommuted six hours total since I started working in March 2007.

Always expect anything can happen to alter a typical day for good and for bad. I hate an unexpected event which ruins my daily plans to complete assignments. I'm a do it person who likes to finish everything on my to-do list. However, shit happens. When it happens, uncommon actions are a must.

No comments: