Saturday, January 05, 2008

I Wake Up, Now What

O.K. I wake up from bed. Now what? I’m 33 years old, work full time, live with my parents, and spend free time on my hobbies including anime, gym, and reading. Is the rest of my life living like this? What am I supposed to do? What are my potentials to reach my maximum achievement, my ultimate happiness, and my future adventures I seek to experience?

In college, my future was set. I wanted to be a business research analyst in Silicon Valley. I never thought about marriage and raising a family, owning a house, where I live, the new people I meet, taxes, owning a car, and finding new hobbies and interests. All I thought about was my career. All I thought about was myself such that I could do everything myself. I could do it alone. Once I worked, then I thought about the rest. After I graduated, I found a job; unfortunately, I never thought about the rest. I was naïve. I was a college student with the wisdom of a grade school student.

Today, I don’t know what to do with my life. Since 2000, I tried many new activities and learn new ideas. I learned VB Basic, XML, JavaScript, ASP.Net, Dreamweaver, SQL, Photoshop, and Illustrator. I succeeded in learning SQL and Photoshop. I worked in two commercial real estate companies in 8 years. Dead end careers. I invested in the stock market which I lost too much money. I sold all my stocks in mid 2007. I didn’t seek to meet new people. I felt lonely. I tried rollerblading which I had little interest to improve. I went to anime cons alone. Cons are fun attending with friends.

However, I do know what to do now. Live life. Move forward. Life is the present. Create action. Keep doing what I’m doing, and find ways to do it better and better. Don’t be afraid to fail. Seek new hobbies and interests. Always meet new people. Keep my senses focused for new opportunities. Never stop innovating. Examples of success since 2000 include working at Cisco, owning a car, cosplaying at anime cons, meeting new people, new website Innovate Infinitely at www.innovateinfinitely.com, trips to Canada, trips to Las Vegas, buying and selling on eBay and half.com, listening to classic rock music, reading books, and running on the treadmill in the gym.

I find what I’m supposed to do with my life in time. Finding what I’m supposed to do with my life are my successes and my failures. What can I do to influence people? Who do I find to make each other happy and tell each other life is good? It’s impossible to live life without a lover in my opinion. Am I going to be a CEO, a federal officer, street sweeper, small business owner, truck driver, house husband, real estate investor, IT technician? I don’t know. I’m lost.

I don’t know what I’m going to do tomorrow. Maybe I die tomorrow and fail to find what I’m supposed to do. Maybe I live life to the end of my time and never find what I’m supposed to do. Whatever happens, I want to live my life continuing to find what I’m supposed to do and find someone to share my life. The reasons we live are to find what we are supposed to do and find someone to share in our life. I wake up everyday because of the two reasons.

No comments: