Friday, June 18, 2010

De Anza Week June 14, 2010

Mon June 14, 2010

Ballroom dancing is hard. Most of the students taking ballroom dancing thought it was an easy physical ed class. Wrong. Basketball is easier IMO. Bad timing my class has boys, I mean men, who have trouble. I write down what I learned after class at home. I reviewed my notes for Nite Club Two Step, Rumba, and Tango before class. My review took time. There are lots to learn and remember to be a good dancer. Ballroom dancing is hard. Anyone can dance. To dance well, you need time and practice.

We reviewed the Nite Club Two Step including the procedures how to enter and exit the stage. Then we danced the Rumba. The last 25 minutes we learned the Hustle. The Hustle is a faster dance. I remember the patterns from Fall '09. I know the patterns. My footwork needs improvement.

Last weekend and before dancing, I'm catching up on my classes. I read two chapters and completed the homework for Bus 18. I read one chapter and completed the homework for Acct 1C. I started studying three of the six chapters for the Acct 66 final. The Acct 66 final worries me. As of now, nobody knows what's going to be on the final. There are lots to know including the material.

Tue June 15, 2010

I didn't have an appetite for food. Eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner were boring. I'm happy Thur is the last day of lecture classes for me. I'm tired of the usual routine. I felt like eating fries. I ordered a burger combo at the cafeteria. I ate the fries and I was reminded why I don't eat food at the cafeteria anymore. I ate half of my fries. I'm tired eating Japanese food for my late lunch.

I felt a little confidence in Acct 66 after studying three chapters for the final. The last chapter in the green sheet is skipped. I'm tired yet upbeat for finals next week. The last mid-term is Acct 1C on Thur. Tonight I study Acct 1C and review the three chapters in Acct 66. Tomorrow, I study in full Acct 1C, study a new chapter in Acct 66, and start studying for Bus 18.

I helped a few students for the Excel project in Acct 1C. The project is due Thur. I finished the project last weekend. It was a huge relief to complete ahead of the due date. My group project for Acct 1B we finished minutes before class started.

Thur June 17, 2010

I rushed to school because my last mid-term was today. The Acct 1C mid-term was straightforward and I finished ten minutes early. There were two multiple choice questions I had no idea. I changed two multiple choice answers, and one of changes was the correct change. Common knowledge is never change multiple choice answers. I'm an exception.

The students turned in the Excel project after the mid-term and after class. Some students didn't finish the project because they didn’t know how to print the formulas. I say 33% of the class knows basic Excel. That's sad for business students. The instructor said printing the formulas were required.

I looked at my third mid-term for Bus 18. I got a 90% which is good because I crammed in two days. The questions I missed I had no idea the answers. One of my multiple choice answers I changed was the correct change. The second change I was wrong and I was wrong initially. The end of the class the instructor told everyone a brief bio how she became a lawyer and how she choose to teach. Her childhood was not a happy one. She worked her way through college, and she dropped twice. Her first job she worked in a bank.

I walked to the campus center after Bus 18 thinking what I want to eat for lunch. I choose to eat Chinese just outside the cafeteria. I didn't want to eat at the cafeteria. I didn't feel like driving to a restaurant. The campus center showed a movie in Spanish with English subtitles. It better not be a documentary. On Tues, there was a documentary about a gang in Central America that has over 5,000 members. The movie was about how Mexico smuggled drugs to the USA.

In Acct 66, we finished chapter 16. Time was going so fast the instructor had little time to review the chapter 17 homework. The class urged the instructor to exclude chapter 17 from the final. The bonus question is from chapter 17. The last ten minutes the instructor told the students what's on the final. The chapters included are 12, 13, 14, and 16. My observation told me the instructor was not happy today because he said, "I already written the final." I don't think he did.

I may be taking summer school. I talked to a classmate who's taking an Excel class over the summer. Excel is a required class for my AA degree. The class is waitlisted. I try to add on the first day. Excel is an easy class. Taking the class over the summer is perfect because I have one less class to worry about for Fall '10.

I was happy at 8pm lecture classes are over for me. The routine became too routine. This weekend is studying for finals.

I'm A Good Guy Growing Up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: