Saturday, March 26, 2022

2021 Year In Review

The seven nominations and its explanations for the moment of the year.

1. Black Friday 2021. I reminded myself wait to buy and stock up on bare necessities on Black Friday. Many of my bare necessities were at Black Friday sale prices. Buying on Black Friday was a good approach to minimize expenses.

2. Final Fantasy VII. I completed my second Final Fantasy video game.

3. Harry Potter. I reread Harry Potter two more times. The third time I read backwards from Year 7 to Year 1. Year 7 replaces Year 5 as my favorite Harry Potter book.

4. Job training. I combined Excel, Power Point, and dashboards in one day. I added R and R-Studio training on Sat mornings. I reduced the number of training days from six to five per week. The sixth day on Thurs is not necessarily a day off. The sixth day is life training outside job training.

5. Physical fitness. My physical fitness is four days a week consistently. Good health is maintained.

6. Summer Sabbatical in Oct. I corrected the 2007 Summer Sabbatical in Oct. I also corrected the retail rotation. I wrote a blog on Dec 13, 2021 titled I Corrected My Retail Rotation.

7. Wallstreet Bets. I learned more about Wall Street and financial investments in 2021 than in the past decades and the classes when I was a student at San Jose State University and De Anza College.

Explanation: No moment of the year for the small moments Black Friday 2021 and Final Fantasy VII. Final Fantasy VII is a revolutionary classic RPG all gamers must play. Rereading Harry Potter two more times was fantastic especially noting what I missed the first time I read it. I felt like I prepare myself for a trivia contest. Trivia was not a moment of the year. Solid recognitions to job training and physical fitness because I was consistent and productive. I also improved and changed learning new job skills and adding physical workouts. My longest daily jog is 4.5 miles as of the blog post. The Summer Sabbatical was a desperate break. I corrected how I should take a sabbatical and how I should prioritize my daily responsibilities. Wallstreet Bets caught my attention in Jan 2021. I could add financial education to the learning new job skills and adding physical workouts mentality.

What Won: Wallstreet Bets.

What Should Have Won: Wallstreet Bets.

My Thoughts On The Winning Moment: No brainer. All the financial education I learned in college was a joke. Regardless, all investors including professionals and amateurs must learn the basics. Thank you Google, Reddit, Yahoo Finance, and YouTube for providing sources to learn deeper.

2021 Letter Grade: B. Three consecutive good years 2019-2021. 2010-2012 was the last time I lived three consecutive good years. There was neither financial rewards nor employment income given I'm unemployed long-term. I hope the 2021 gains pay off in the future. The COVID-19 global pandemic survival mentality continues.

Past Moments Of The Years And Its Letter Grades

2020: First responders, doctors, nurses, and hospital staff. Grade B.
2019: Consistent gym workouts. Grade C+.
2018: Consistent gym workouts. Grade C-.
2017: O'Connor Hospital. Grade D.
2016: Steve Jobs' biography by Walter Isaacson. Grade F.

No comments: