Monday, December 13, 2021

I Corrected My Retail Rotation

Today's blog is an update on a past blog.

Update On A Past Blog

I wrote retail rotation in My Own Commentary On The Daily Life Of Raymond Mar on Jul 31, 2013. Retail employees have rotating shifts and rotating roles. I incorrectly adapted my retail rotation. My retail rotation was fixed. My retail rotation wasn't dynamic. My retail rotation failed to prioritize. I included too much fun. I included too little working responsibilities.

I thought about the retail rotation during the Thanksgiving holiday. I shopped for Black Friday starting on Sun Nov 21 because some retail stores sold Black Friday goods during the Thanksgiving week. I cleaned the house on Sat Nov 27 and Sun Nov 28. My brother's family choose to go home earlier than planned. The house was a mess. I shopped on Cyber Monday on Mon Nov 29. I went outside the house multiple days to pick up my orders. I checked the flashlights, first-aid kit, and smoke detectors as standard emergency maintenance twice per year after changing the clocks by one hour. I practiced my life skills on days other than my scheduled Sundays.

The Thanksgiving holiday changed my daily and weekly routines. I was behind in job training. I didn't watch my one movie of the week. I skipped one workout. I didn't shower on Sun Nov 28. I didn't feel guilty. I wasn't mad at myself. I accepted. I eliminated being too focused. One moment responsibility led to another moment responsibility. Go with the flow. It wasn't the end of the world. There's tomorrow. Move forward.

I correctly adapted my retail rotation. Rotate responsibilities. Rotate priorities. Delay activities. Reschedule commitments. Make a best judgement what to do now, what to do next, what to do in the future, and what to cancel. Movies, video games, social media, watching random YouTube videos, watching sports are either the lowest priorities or cancelled. There's nothing wrong with leisure. Leisure is not an excuse to ignore or to avoid responsibilities and assignments.

No comments: