Saturday, December 04, 2021

Shelter In-Place COVID-19 Blog November 2021

California issued shelter in-place orders on Tue Mar 17, 2020. I have been logging the highlights and lowlights. Nov was the fastest month of the year. There were a few days which went slow. Some residences decorated their outsides with Christmas decorations early. The omicron variant is clear and present.

Mon Nov 1. 6% or 9,000 of 378,000 New York City employees are on unpaid leave because they're unvaccinated. The city mandated all employees must be vaccinated starting today. 12,000 employees filed exemptions for medical or religious reasons. These employees must be tested weekly.

Tue Nov 2. The Center For Disease Control (CDC) approved the Pfizer vaccine for children ages 5-11. The vaccine dosage is 1/3 of the adult dosage.

Wed Nov 3. The CDC reported COVID-19 rates increasing in the Bay Area. Solano and Sonoma counties were the worst of the nine counties.

Thur Nov 4. The United Kingdom authorized conditionally the Merck COVID-19 antiviral pill for adults 18 or over who tested positive and has at least one underlying health factor such as obesity or heart disease. The pill is molnupiravir. Patients take four pills two times a day for five days.

Mon Nov 8. Shopped at two Safeway stores and Costco. I shopped at two Safeway stores because I needed Colgate toothpaste for the household. I lost my shopping list which was very rare at Costco. More people shopped Costco while I waited at the check out line.

Wed Nov 10. All Alameda County first responders and workers who transport people for medical reasons must be fully vaccinated by Dec 21 or be tested weekly.

Santa Clara County lifted the booster shots restriction to adults 65 years or older or front line workers. In other words, booster shots are expanded beyond the initial guidelines.

The White House said 900,000 US children age 5-11 received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. 28 million US children age 5-11 are eligible for the vaccine.

Fri Nov 12. I admit a stupid lowlight. I failed to spend at least $50.00 in groceries to get a $5.00 check out discount at Safeway. My total was $49 and change.

San Mateo County approved booster shots to all eligible adults. The adults must wait at least six months.

The Center For Medicare And Medicaid Services recommends nursing homes allow visitors at all times for all residents without limitations. No advanced appointments necessary.

The State Of California announced booster shots should be available to anyone age 18 or over who requests a booster shot as long as the person waited at least six months or two months depending on the vaccine brand.

Mon Nov 15. COVID-19 cases increased in Europe. There were two million infections and 27,000 deaths last week according to the World Health Organization (WHO). Belgium and Norway reimposed COVID restrictions. Austria instituted a lockdown for unvaccinated citizens. Germany planned to extend their state of emergency.

14 children at a clinic in Antioch, CA received the adult dosage. The CDC said recipients with an incorrect volume may experience arm soreness, headache, or a fever. In March 2021, 6,000 people received a lower dosage at the Oakland Coliseum mass vaccination site.

Tue Nov 16. I'm a person who showers at night. I showered without washing my hair first thing in the morning. I went to bed immediately after my home workout.

California, New Mexico, Arkansas, West Virginia, Colorado, and New York City expanded booster shots for all eligible adults. The expansion is not an official federal policy.

Wed Nov 17. I'm a person who showers at night. I showered without washing my hair first thing in the morning for the second morning in a row. I went to bed immediately after my home workout.

Thur Nov 18. Dentist appointment. I was the only patient in the office. First time for me.

I shopped at Safeway. I paid for my car registration at AAA. It was the first time during the pandemic I didn't wait outside the AAA office.

A federal judge ordered The Occupational Safety And Health Administration (OSHA) to suspend enforcement of the Biden administration COVID vaccine mandate for private businesses with 100 or more employees. The mandate was supposed to start on Dec 5.

Fri Nov 19. The Food And Drug Administration (FDA) authorized Moderna and Pfizer vaccines for booster shots for all adults 18 or over. The CDC followed up by endorsing booster shots.

I helped my dad get free wood. I replaced my license registration sticker. I tested my car's sun roof for leaks.

Sat Nov 20. Santa Cruz County brought back indoor mask mandates in public or private indoor settings due to rising cases.

US deaths in 2021 surpassed US deaths in 2020. 770,691 total US deaths since the pandemic started. 385,343 died in 2020. 385,348 died as of today. Global deaths totaled 1.88 million in 2020. 1.883 million died as of today.

Mon Nov 22. Black Friday week purchases pick up at Target. Ordered take out at Chicken Meets Rice restaurant for the first time.

I drove to another Target at night to purchase a popular toy for Christmas. It was the third time I drove at night time since Mon Mar 16, 2020.

Austria issued a nationwide vaccine mandate starting on Feb 1, 2022. Netherlands launched a partial shutdown starting on Sat Nov 20.

The White House issued a statement no shutdowns are planned. 82% of US residents have at least one shot.

Tue Nov 23. President Joe Biden announced essential non-resident travelers crossing the US borders by land or by ferry must be fully vaccinated starting on Jan 22, 2022.

A fourth time I drove at night time. I shopped at Nob Hill to purchase 2-liter Coke for Thanksgiving dinner.

Wed Nov 24. The Food And Drug Administration (FDA) authorized the Johnson & Johnson vaccines for booster shots for all adults 18 or over.

Fri Nov 26. The WHO held a meeting to discuss a new COVID-19 variant discovered in South Africa, Botswana, and Hong Kong. The name of the variant is omicron. Omicron is highly transmissible. USA, Canada, and the European Union announced new travel restrictions; in particular, the US announced restrictions starting on Mon Nov 29 for the countries of South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique, and Malawi.

Sun Nov 28. Two cases tested positive for omicron in Canada. The people recently flew from Nigeria.

Mon Nov 29. President Biden delayed all federal workers must be vaccinated or be fired by Nov 22. 96.5% of the 3.5 million federal workers are vaccinated.

Tue Nov 30. More Black Friday pick ups and Cyber Monday pick ups at Walgreens, Target, and Nike outlet stores. A security guard was at the entrance in the Nike outlet store due to the Bay Area smash and grab retail robberies.

My sister's boyfriend tested positive for COVID-19.

A federal judge blocked the Biden's administration for enforcing a vaccine mandate on health care workers in ten states which challenged the mandate.

A federal court blocked the Biden's administration for enforcing a vaccine mandate on businesses with more than 100 employees.

No comments: