Tuesday, November 30, 2021

What If 1

Blogger's note: I numbered the What If blog number one in case I write another What If blog in the future.

What if I didn't work at Grubb & Ellis on Thur Jul 9, 1998? What if the co-worker who trained me to replace her didn't accept her transfer to another office? What if my second co-worker didn't quit weeks later after I started. The short answer is I didn't work in commercial real estate for 7.5 years.

There was workplace drama in my first month. The workplace drama was a warning sign I ignored. I should have started looking for another job; on the other hand, it was my first job after graduating college. Moreover, the drama reminded me when I worked in my second company in 1999. The company hired a full-time buyer. She quit a few months later. My intuition told me she didn't get along with the CFO and she witnessed mismanagement. Another instance happened when I worked in a retail start-up as back-end sales support in 2014. The new beer buyer submitted his two week notice after his first shift. He told me he saw mismanagement. He was correct. I quit the retail start-up four months later.

Update On A Past Blog

I wrote a what if like blog on Oct 19, 2014 titled Alternate Endings. Some of the questionable moments are what if I graduated high school at the same high school I attended from 9th grade to 11th grade? What if I graduated with another degree at San Jose State University? What if my contract at Cisco continued during the 2008 Great Recession? None of the alternate endings mentioned Grubb & Ellis.

No comments: