Wednesday, December 22, 2021

A Second Look At 2020

It's the time I look back at my 2020 blogs to give myself feedback. The goals delaying one year are relearning from my mistakes, reinforcing my lessons, reminding myself my moments, refreshing acquired knowledge, rediscovering new wisdom, correcting errant blogs, and sharing changes. The 10 blogs are also the 2020 best blogs.

1. Who Cares About The High Number Of Bad Luck?
Date: Wed Jan 1
Summary: Nobody cares about a person's bad luck streak. Nobody cares about my bad luck streak in 2018. The world doesn't care.
Feedback: The unsuccessful experience the continuous bad luck only. The bad people experience the continuous bad luck only. I wonder why the unsuccessful and the bad people are unsuccessful and bad. They experience too much bad luck. I never thought I experience continuous bad luck. I write the first paragraph the wisdom of a 20 year old.

Fast forward to today. Bad luck, down on my luck, slumps, and down years. All of them can happen to anyone at any time. They happened to me in 2018. Don't take life for granted. A winner can be a loser in minutes.

I speak on behalf of the world. The world doesn't care about people consistently complaining about bad life, bad luck, slumps, and down years. The world didn't care about my 2018.

2. Do Your Sets And Do Your Reps
Date: Sun Jan 19
Summary: Never stop learning. Practice, drill, repetitions, remind, reinforce, and repeat.
Feedback: I admit I did a good job writing a blog on drills, practice, and repetition. I remind myself, I assure myself, and I reinforce myself my best learning technique is practice, practice, and practice.

I asked myself if I wrote a blog on drilling in Oct 2021. I actually did.

3. My Second Desktop PC And My Third Laptop
Date: Mon Feb 24
Summary: I built a new desktop PC in Jan 2020. I purchased a new laptop on Black Friday 2019. I summarized my hardware specs, wrote a crash course on desktop PC hardware, and summarized my laptop specs.
Feedback: Another example timing is everything. The COVID-19 global pandemic started in early 2020. My new desktop and my new laptop have helped me endure the pandemic. One instance is learning new job skills became easier using a more powerful desktop PC. Another instance is Python and Power Query ran faster. I can run Python on my laptop if needed.

The Black Friday 2021 deals were fewer compared to Black Friday 2019. The supply shortage was a factor. If I remember correctly, the Black Friday 2020 deals were fewer compared to Black Friday 2019.

More people accept computers must be used in today's Information Age. The COVID-19 global pandemic brought computers front and center.

I went to a local computer store to exchange a defective accessory in Aug 2020. The store closed on weekends. My guess was the store needed more time to complete computer repair orders. There was a sign posted at the entrance for computer repairs. The minimum wait time was seven days. The store profited during the pandemic because more people depended on computers. Moreover, knowing basic PC could prevent hiring a professional to repair a computer.

4. Most Things Don't Work
Date: Wed Feb 26
Summary: The first sentence is to the point, "A universal truth most people don't realize is most things don't work."
Feedback: I wrote 16 cynical blogs in 2020. The blog is the first of 16. I reiterate. Most things don't work. They include people, places, things, assignments, projects, relationships, inventions, . . . everyone, every place, and everything in life.

5. Top Ten Plus Nine Equals Top Nineteen Harry Potter Adult Perspective Takeaways
Date: Wed Apr 29
Summary: I shared 19 Harry Potter thoughts.
Feedback: I correct errors. Number 18 author J.K. Rowling was time pressured for volume six. I incorrectly wrote volume four. Number 18 another bad word close to swearing was "slut" in volume six. The word was written in the chapter Tom Riddle visited the Gaunt's house.

An update for number 13. Volume seven is my most favorite volume because Harry takes over the series. All questions are answered including some of the character's past. My previously most favorite volume was five. My updated volume rankings from most favorite to least favorite are 7, 5, 6, 4, 3, 1, and 2.

Rowling said Merlin the Wizard is a Slytherin.

I read Harry Potter a second time and a third time. The third time I read backwards from volume seven to volume one.

6. The COVID-19 Pandemic Is Harder To Fake It
Date: Mon Jun 15
Summary: The global pandemic reveals hidden truths.
Feedback: The pandemic continues. The new, the uncharted, and the unprecedented continue. COVID-19 continues bringing out more truths. COVID-19 equalizing continues. COVID-19 and George Floyd's death with social injustice protests were a coincidence.

Another harder to fake is stupidity. The people hiding stupidity are revealed. The people faking intelligence is called out. Bluffing being smart is called. All idiots come front and center.

I credit the omicron variant timing for those thinking about living a quiet life. Do it. If you never played the quiet life card, then it's time to play the card. Worldwide COVID-19 cases are increasing. It's another winter surge. Omicron variant is prevalent. Live a quiet life to minimize your chances of getting COVID-19. A quiet life can be boring or can't be boring. There's a good way to live quietly. There's a bad way to live quietly. One suggestion living a quiet life is take a break. Slow down.

7. Instant Bullets Blog Aug 24, 2020
Date: Mon Aug 24
Summary: These bullets are life hacks and life wisdom.
Feedback: I reiterate the Some Life Hacks bullets below:

Use a GameBoy cartridge case to carry a condom safely.
Use a colander to separate cereal dust and cereal.
Use a muffin tin to serve condiments at a barbeque party.
Check the fingernails of any person in a senior center because if the fingernails are uncut, then it's a sign of poor care.
Take several pictures before the final posing picture when you help a stranger take a picture of himself, herself, or the party because candid pictures may be better than the final posing picture.
"Fair enough" may be a statement to defuse a tension or a conflict situation.
"Familiar with" may calm or relax the other person instead of saying "know it."
Visit a potential apartment or house at night to research deeper.

8. There's An A In Overachieving
Date: Sun Oct 11
Summary: Professional championship teams must have a superstar, top coaching staff, and dedicated ownership.
Feedback: 1+1+1=3 remains valid. The Los Angeles Dodgers Mookie Betts+Dave Roberts+Los Angeles Dodgers=2020 World Series in a shorten baseball season. Tom Brady+Bruce Arians+Tampa Bay Buccaneers=2020 Super Bowl Champions.

9. The World Has Been Changing Geometrically In Plain English
Date: Wed Nov 18
Summary: Give change time. There are more changes today compared to yesterday per a given time period such as a month, year, or five years.
Feedback: I have two feedbacks for the Four Certainties. The first is I wrote the first answer which is death, taxes, 24 hours in a day, and problems. My second is death, taxes, 24 hours in a day, and people change whether the people cause the change or life causes the change.

Another cynical blog out of the 16 in my Second Look. If you haven't been keeping up with current affairs, COVID-19 changes the world today and tomorrow. Temporary changes today. Permanent changes tomorrow. I guaranteed them.

A permanent changed unrelated to COVID-19; although, one can say COVID-19 may change indirectly. There are more people unemployed. There are more people who can't find a job. Most of them quit finding a job. All of them are forgotten. The media doesn't report on these permanent unemployed. Think intuitively. There are too many people. There are too few jobs to fulfill.

10. An Abandonment Dream
Date: Thur Dec 17
Summary: A dream lead to an irony everyone needs to slow down and take a break eventually.
Feedback: I have been taking a break or taking a staycation once a year since 2019. The primary reason has been I'm behind in responsibilities. My brain felt like jelly. My brain felt like a sponge too wet I can't learn anything new. I took a break. Everyone needs a break.

The following blogs are honorable mentions: Today Is A Lucky Day I Count My Blessings and Three Years Later Scanners For Bar Codes.

No comments: