Thursday, December 17, 2020

An Abandonment Dream

I dreamed last night my dad picked me up from a parking lot in the early evening. Darkness started. The street lights began to turn on. I entered his sedan. The make and model were unknown. We drove off.

My dad said he played a practical joke on a friend. My dad removed the battery from his friend's cell phone. He gave me the battery. The sedan became a firetruck which made no sense. My dad parked the firetruck off the street. He told me to exit. I immediately became suspicious. I held the cell phone battery while I exited as leverage. I closed the door. He drove off. I pursued initially on the driver side door showing him the battery through the window. He drove faster while I ran fast enough to maintain close distance. We traveled through a big city park. I rode on the back of the firetruck. I climbed on the top. I shouted I held the cell phone battery. He didn't care.

I fell off the fire truck by a combination of losing my grip and faster speed. I asked myself why he abandoned me? My first answer was he stopped waiting for me to be a winner. I have been a loser like George Constanza from Seinfeld when George became unemployed and moved back with his parents. I'm earning my freedom. I job search and self-train six days a week. My self-training consists of career skills learning and reviewing such as Python, SQL, and Excel. I also self-train life skills. I learn how to communicate Morse Code, read a compass map, tie rope knots, and shuffle playing cards. My frequent readers know the same story.

The Irony Afterwards

I woke up. My first thought was a vacation or a staycation. The thought was an oxymoron to my loser dream. My upcoming staycation is not a relaxing, take a break, and breathe. I'm behind in one time responsibilities. I'm behind in routine responsibilities. My annual blogs are 50% completed. I admit my brain feels like jelly or a sponge too wet; although, I anticipate I sneak in time job searching and self-training like many white collar professionals on vacation sneaking in time to check voice mails and emails.

My last staycation which was an unexpected, prolonged, and mildly satisfying happened between Apr 6, 2019 to Apr 21, 2019. I excluded the days I set up my new laptop and new desktop in Dec 2019 and Jan 2020. Life evens itself out. A long vacation leads to long months without a vacation. I complete my scheduled self-training today, tomorrow, and Sat Dec 19. I go with the flow choosing when I begin my vacation on Mon Dec 21.

Update On A Past Blog

My dream last night reminded me How Much Patience Does A Person Need? I wrote on Jan 21, 2019. I answered every person waits a subjective amount of time. My dad waited too long. He was too tired waiting for me to be a winner. He lost hope. It was time to abandon me.

On the other hand, I posted a never give up perspective picture. A person may be very close. View the picture with the caption below "Never give up. You may be one step to success." at Perspective Pictures posted on Jun 8, 2019.

No comments: