Monday, December 06, 2021

Summer Sabbatical October 2021

I was tired in Oct 2021. I was tired watching other people living their lives better than me. I was tired living the same routine. I was tired learning. I was tired reviewing. I was tired training. I was tired maintaining me. I was losing my motivation to be stronger. I was tired taking care of me.

I choose to take a break. I choose to relax. I choose to take a staycation. I realized it was a sabbatical while I planned my staycation which was primarily completing less priority obligations and responsibilities. I said to myself, "I correct my 2007 Summer Sabbatical. I do a sabbatical correctly. I don't make the mistakes back in 2007." I detailed 2007 in two blogs 2007 Was Actually A Bad Year admitting 2007 was a bad year and not a good year written on Oct 13, 2008, and The Year Was 2007 mentioning the failed summer sabbatical written on May 17, 2010.

I don't know what I call my second sabbatical as of the blog entry honestly speaking. It can be Sabbatical October 2021, Sabbatical 2.0, or Summer Sabbatical October 2021 to remind myself Summer from the failed Summer Sabbatical 2007 even though October is in the fall season. I detail the highlights I successfully corrected myself a productive, responsible, and mature sabbatical.

Wed Oct 13. I assisted my dad bleeding his truck's breaks. I checked my car's tires air pressure. I watched part of the National League Division Series Game 4 San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers.

Thur Oct 14. Shopped for groceries at Costco. I filled up my car with gas. I drove at maximum speed 65 miles per hour on the freeways because gas is expensive. I watched the last innings National League Division Series Game 5 Los Angeles Dodgers at San Francisco Giants

Fri Oct 15. I watched documentaries on YouTube.

Sat Oct 16. I watched a little college football Purdue Boilermakers upset the Iowa Hawkeyes. I continued watching more documentaries on YouTube.

Sun Oct 17. I watched the Las Vegas Raiders and Denver Broncos while I ate lunch. I cleaned my bathroom.

Mon Oct 18. I roasted a boneless pork loin for the first time.

Tue Oct 19. I jogged 4.5 miles which was my longest jog. I finished reading Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling for the third time.

Wed Oct 20 and Thur Oct 21. Read a backlog of articles.

Fri Oct 22. Restored the household cars' headlights. I realized the polish is the more important step than applying the cleaning paste to verify a clean shine. I listened to the American League Championship Series Houston Astros and Boston Red Sox on the radio. I watched the National League Championship Series Atlanta Braves and Los Angeles Dodgers on TV in the ninth inning. I finished reading Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets by J.K. Rowling for the third time. I uploaded music on my phone to listen while I fall asleep.

Sat Oct 23. I uploaded more music on my phone for jogging and for falling asleep.

Sun Oct 24. Rained all day non-stop. I watched part of the Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco 49ers Sunday Night football game.

Wed Oct 27. An day of errands. My windshield crack was repaired. My car was smog checked. I shopped for groceries at Costco. I ordered a quick lunch hot dog and soda from the food court kiosk for the first time. I mailed letters at the post office. I finished reading Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling for the third time.

Thur Oct 28. I jogged a new 4.0 mile route. My dad and I prepared new ropes for his truck. I learned new knots.

Sat Oct 30. I finished reading The Big Book Of Beatrix Potter. I watched the last five minutes of the Michigan Wolverines and Michigan State Spartans football game. I watched Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1978). I researched lighters to purchase for everyday carry. Purchasing a lighter was possible for Black Friday 2021.

Sun Oct 31. I watched partial football games San Francisco 49ers at Chicago Bears, New England Patriots at Los Angeles Chargers, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints.

Mon Nov 1. I cleaned the kitchen sink. I completed monthly maintenances new bedsheets and new towels. I replaced the dining tablecloth which is changed every two months.

Tue Nov 2. I watched The World Series Game 6 Atlanta Braves at Houston Astros ninth inning.

Wed Nov 3. I got a haircut.

Thur Nov 4. I uploaded new profile pics for all my social media accounts.

What about my daily responsibilities? All of them were completed sincerely. They were checking emails, exercising, job searching, cooking for the household, and listening to podcasts. The biggest difference during the sabbatical was no job training. I used the job training time to catch up. I rested my body, mind, and soul inside and outside even though I was still active body, mind, and soul inside and outside.

I officially dated the sabbatical Wed Oct 13 to Sun Oct 31 even though my highlights included early Nov. I felt refreshed. I felt refocused. The transition was easing. I eased slowly back to my working hard to earn freedom routine. I stared on Mon Nov 1 with the job skill Excel, Tue Nov 2 SQL, Wed Nov 3 Python, Thur Nov 4 Power Query, Fri Nov 5 PowerPoint and Access, and Sat Nov 6 R-Studio. The next week was Mon Nov 8 Power Pivot; Tue Nov 9 Python; Wed Nov 10 routine day off for other responsibilities and commitments; Thur Nov 11 Sublime Text, Linux, and Git; Fri Nov 12 Power BI; and Sat Nov 13 R-Studio. I completed the Access review on Tue Nov 16. I don't have a replacement skill as of the blog entry.

I also ease transition learning and reviewing life skills. The life skills are the following: making paper airplanes, tying knots, pioneering or lashings, sewing a button, sewing using an awl, and shuffling cards. I'm always open to learn new life skills. I don't have any new books to read as of the blog entry.

At The End

The inbox is never empty. The job training never stops. Life skills learning continues indefinitely. Everyone needs to sleep. Spread out intelligently. Don't be too focused. There are stupid people who posts on social meeting for fake self-esteem boost from likes and comments. I spend 30 minutes on all my social media accounts to keep in touch and be informed. The world doesn't come to an end.

Update On A Past Blog

I understand better why some people eat junk food as comfort food. I wrote about eating junk food as comfort food for the first time at 2018 Christmas Holiday Firsts: Stress, Cowardness, Comfort Food on Jan 13, 2019. The junk food as comfort food was an anti-depress, anti-stress, and forget-all-worries.

Eating too much junk food can be a call for help. Eating too much junk food can communicate I'm tired of my life. I'm tired of the routine. I'm tired of boredom. Life is the same old, same old. Eating too much junk food is not a replacement for action to change.

No comments: