Wednesday, April 07, 2021

Everybody Doesn't Manage

A Reddit post I can't remember who send me this video nevermind there it is inspired today's blog. A senior citizen initiates small talk with a pregnant woman. The woman is scared of everything. The 2018 full version is at Vimeo The Wait.

Many people are good natured. A common response to a person experiencing bad moments is "everything is going to get better." Another response is "there is hope" or "hope for the best." What if everything is getting worse? The chances of getting better are slim. There is a slimmer of hope. A miracle is needed for a miracle.

Be honest. Be truthful. I talk about some people who don't make it. The goals are unsuccessful. The worst happened. The problems triumph the solutions. Some of us never make it. It's not entirely our fault; although, the loser must accept some responsibility. There are winners. There are losers. Some people deserve success. Some people don't earn their successes. The world is a zero-sum game. It's unfair. It's messed-up.

I put myself in the spotlight. I'm long-termed unemployed. I had interviews. Many of the interviews ended up bad luck. For instance, my second to last interview was a contract data analyst position. I passed the interviews. I submitted the paperwork. The director of the department cancelled the contract at the eleventh hour. The contractor company told me a cryptic explanation as if they didn't want to admit guilt. My last interview I made it the second round; unfortunately, the company froze new hires due to COVID-19.

There are not enough open positions to satisfy the millions of unemployed today. There are new college graduates and high school graduates every Jun adding more supply of job seekers. There are not enough open positions to satisfy the millions of unemployed when the global pandemic ends tomorrow.

In the meantime, I live my life with earnest. I job search six days a week. The job openings are fewer during the pandemic. I job train five days a week or six days a week depending on my schedule. The job training includes learning Python, learning Power BI, reviewing Excel, and reviewing SQL. I cook healthy meals. I minimize eating processed foods. I exercise four days a week. I read books. I maintain a clean household. I'm doing the best I can. I honestly must converse with myself I may not achieve freedom.

No comments: