Friday, April 30, 2021

Throwback Blog: 10 Hour Therapy

Blogger's Note: Throwback blogs are blogs from my past. I start posting past blogs reflecting what I wrote. It's like my "A Second Look" blogs for which I give myself feedback.

Today's throwback blog is titled 10 Hour Therapy written on Aug 17, 2008. I blogged a solution when I felt depressed. The solution was sleep. I connect the dots backwards. I grew up 48 days later on Oct 4, 2008. My life changed forever. The number of days I felt down, depressed, tired and not myself dropped significantly thereafter. Feeling depressed is normal; on the other hand, feeling depressed consistently is not normal. Ironically, minimizing depression requires work; for example, staying active physically such as exercise and staying active mentally such as reading books. In addition, minimize eating processed foods and live an organized life keeping your residence clean. I stand by everything I blogged because I practice them daily.

The 10 hour therapy sleeping works. I rarely need the therapy today. I can't remember the last time I slept for 10 hours to treat depression. Today's blog is a reminder I have the no cost option.

Wednesday night August 13, 2008 I slept for 10 hours. What happened? Since Monday July 28 I felt empty. I neither felt happy nor sad. My attitude was "I'm living life. So what else is new." I showed up for work, exercised, played Team Fortress 2, and replied to emails work and personal. Whoopiedoo =\ My life was uncommon, or perhaps too common such as go to work, exercise three days a week, and sleep. The days were plain with no joy. I had too many thoughts including the recession and "What If" questions such as what if my contract is terminated and what if I never buy a house. (Yes, the US economy is in a recession.) I was myself and I was not myself.

On Thursday August 14, I felt much better. I was myself again. Wednesday night was my 10 hour free and self-help therapy session ^_^ My mood was happy. My attitude was I'm living life and what's new. My life was common . . . a positive attitude, looking forward to new adventures, and seeking new opportunities. The day was joy. I continued with too many thoughts positive and negative; however, the negative thoughts were conquered with the positive thoughts. I was ready to finish anything I needed to get done.

Feeling down, feeling depressed, feeling tired, feeling not yourself? Try sleeping 10 hours. Delay your night plans and activities. Go to bed (-,-) I learned sleep is more than resting your body. Sleep also rests your brain and your soul =D

Side note: The week of Monday August 11 I didn't go to the gym. Physically I felt good. Attitude wise I felt bad. I remember when I have the "I don't want to workout" feeling tells me I'm tired and I must devote extra hours to sleep. Fortunately, I skipped gym for the week or else I might have been sick >.>

No comments: