Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Most Things Don't Work

A universal truth most people don't realize is most things don't work. There are many good ideas. Few good ideas work. It's another of way of saying expect failure to become successful. Make mistakes to learn. It didn't work. Try again. Try something different. Trial and error. The most things don't work is another perspective to never quit after making one mistake. Practice intelligently. Make intelligent mistakes. Experiment wisely.

Also, most things don't work is another way of saying an idea is dead. We're done. Failure is established. Avoid the continuation-bias. Avoid the must get there-itis. Avoid the plan-continuation-bias. Stop the inertia. The battle ends today. The war continues tomorrow. Move on. Think of another idea.

Update On A Past Blog

I wrote more than six blogs in 2018 about more losses and less wins or more downs and less ups in my life. One blog titled More Losses Less Wins And More Setbacks Less Accomplishments on Aug 16, 2018 was one of the blogs about too many bad luck, bad timing, and setbacks. I think about my totality life past and present. I'm breaking even. I have equal number of good moments. I have equal number of bad moments. I have equal positives. I have equal negatives.

I have been unemployed. I have been living with my parents. I have no freedom. These three are negatives. On the other hand, I'm the healthiest ever. Stress is minimized. I'm learning new job skills. These three are positives. Money problems and expenses are minimized; moreover, I have been selling useless possessions on eBay. I can spin my current life both positive and negative. The end result is I break even. I can spin my past life when I worked two contract jobs involving data entry both positive and negative. My two jobs were misleading because my responsibilities were beyond entering data. I earned income I purchase goods and services I wanted. I was physically out of shape going to the gym inconsistent. I ate too much processed foods. I was social; on the other hand, I grew apart from most of my friends. I broke even.

I have more good years than bad years on the whole. I self-analyze each year in detail. I broke even. I fear one day the biggest positive and the biggest negative come to my life when I earn my freedom for the first time in my life. Maybe I end my break even curse resulting in more wins and less losses.

No comments: