Sunday, February 16, 2020

Painful San Jose State University Reflections

I graduated from San Jose State University on Dec 19, 1997. 8,094 days later I ask the question "What did I learn in college?" from the memoir titled Reflections. My answer is I learned nothing except Economics and Mathematics. I learned life working at Blockbuster Video in Fall Semester 1996-Spring Semester 1997. I write a blog on Blockbuster Video soon.

I read the 20 pages Reflections memoir today. It's painful. I was ashamed. Too many mistakes. Too few lessons learned. I failed to take advantage of being a college student exploring life, trying new things, experiencing new experiences, meeting new people, and seeking new adventures. I also failed to take advantage of living in the 1990s. The 1990s was a great decade. I could have set myself up for a long-term solid foundation and life-lasting connections after college. I was weak. I was naive. I took life for granted. I complained. I had too much fun. I was an entitled student for which it was wrong. I didn't grow up to be an adult; fortunately, I did grow up to be an adult on Sat Oct 4, 2008 3,942 days later.

The 20 pics below are my Reflections memoir. I'm happy the Raymond Mar San Jose State University college student is no longer present. He was closed more than a decade ago. I promise I never be the Raymond Mar San Jose State University person.

Side note: The unidentified song Valentine in Spring Semester 1997 is identified Valentine by Jim Brickman and Martina McBride.







































No comments: