Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cisco One Year Belated Anniversary

March 19, 2008 was my one year anniversary at Cisco Systems, Inc. Life has been much better. Working at Cisco gives me new experiences and knowledge I never experience at my last jobs. I keep in touch with a few coworkers from my last company. The dumbass co-worker is working at a competitor. He was about to be fired around July 2007 for screwing up the quarterly statistics. He was lucky. My company lost additional staff at the local offices and at the corporate offices. I must have started the trend, LOL At least two brokers left the office I worked at. One broker went to a competitor and another broker started an internet start-up. The broker who started the internet start-up his Dad was the first broker hired. And one broker assistant her husband opened a restaurant. My co-workers in various departments have commercial real estate roots. One co-worker who does webpages and graphics worked at a competitor in Silicon Valley. Two co-workers and friends working in the corporate building John Chambers resides worked in my office. And my contractor company on-site manager worked at a competitor in the Oakland market. I don’t know if Cisco is my career future. I don’t know if I find another position. I don’t know if I earn a promotion. Time will tell.

No comments: