Friday, December 12, 2008

The Holidays Are Not Just Another Day

Anyone who asked me how I feel about the holidays from 2000 to Oct 4, 2008, my answer was, "It's just another day. It's just another day in 365 days of a year." Today, my answer is, "The holidays are special days. It's a time to take a break for the ordinary daily days, spend time with family, and spoil myself having fun with activities I do only on holidays or activities I rarely do. Holidays are remembering old traditions and doing new traditions!"

I was stuck up in past holidays. Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Halloween, Labor Day, etc. 2000-2007 July 4th are an exception because I attend Anime Expo, and some Anime Expo I acted naive. Another exception is Valentine's Day. I don't have a sweetheart for Valentine's Day, and I'm glad I didn't because I'd be a jerk. I'm growing up today and I'm looking forward for a Valentine's Day with a sweetheart :3

Thanksgiving 2008 was the best holiday I experienced in a long, long time. I watched "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" movie starring Steve Martin and John Candy. The movie has been a tradition the family watches on Thanksgiving. We stopped watching for a long time. I brought the tradition back. I felt the emotion compared to when I laughed at the jokes. My family and I spent Thanksgiving at my brother's house. Everyone was talking, including me. I rarely talked at holiday get-togethers. Thanksgiving 2008 was different. I talked. Everyone talked. The mood was relaxed, no tension, and no holding back. The food was good. I tried apple cider for the first time.

I'm looking forward for Christmas 2008 including bringing back the family Christmas movie "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation." One of my uncle's from Southern California is visiting from Los Angeles. I'm going to go for it and convince my aunt to have my two cousins stay up longer to play games, play video games, and watch anime since they rarely visit ;) Little gifts are exchanged because of the recession, and that's understandable and accepted among us ;-$

I'm looking forward to the 2009 holidays and my 2009 birthday. Nothing happened on my birthdays since I don't remember the last time I did something with my family and with my friends. I plan something with my family and something with my friends. My birthday is my personal holiday where I spoil myself and celebrate with my family and my friends. My birthday is a day to celebrate another year living and reminds myself to do better for my next birthday XD

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This year I am bring back some old holiday traditions. I am going to watch Scrooge, the 1960's version, and It's a wonderful life. I spent more this year on Xmas gifts than the past couple of years. I would also like to continue a new tradition, visiting downtown Seattle.