Saturday, March 13, 2010

De Anza Week Mar 8, 2010

Mon Mar 8, 2010

The library was full of students at 11:30am. I didn't find an open desk with a power plug. I settled to sit on the floor next to an outlet. I got a good internet connection. I was good.

Mid-term #3 was taken today in Financial Accounting. I know I passed, lol. There was one concept I had trouble. The concept was asked twice and I answered incorrectly. The instructor said the third mid-term was easier than the second. I thought otherwise.

I went shopping between classes. I purchased a new pair of gym shoes and a pair of swim trunks. I also purchased a bag of walnuts I eat for breakfast. I arrived back on campus at 5pm. I purchased a box of chicken nuggets to eat with my leftovers. I had to buy the nuggets because my leftovers were too little for me to survive Payroll class.

My Payroll instructor reminded me of the late physics professor Franklin Murihead. He taught my physics class lecture first and then going over the homework problems at the end of the chapter. The students copy the answers and study them. My Payroll instructor teaches the same way.

Tonight, she didn't feel well. She had family emergencies last week. She cancelled her Saturday morning class. She needed help from the students to know where we are. And she needed help from the students such that she's going to be on the slow side.

My Payroll class has determined for me how many weeks are remaining in the quarter and has realized to me how fast the quarter passes by. Next week, we have the third mid-term. Two weeks later, we have the final. The mid-term and final are open book. I start reviewing the homework little by little.

Tue Mar 9, 2010

I declare the rest of my Winter '10 I'm going to do a half ass job. I remember and I forget my quarter. The downfall started when I got sick on Mon Feb 15.

Earlier today I worked on my Financial Acct project. I got a call on my cell phone. It was a number I didn't recognize. I answered the call because it might have been a classmate from my Payroll class. The person was from Jatoft-Foti. The company was hiring for "multiple positions." I agreed to an interview after a brief phone interview.

I researched Jatoft-Foti after the phone conversation. Red flags were waved. First, the company didn't have a website. Second, various websites confirmed the company is an insurance company and are looking for salespeople to sell insurance to unions. I cancel the interview tomorrow.

Singing class was the best in a long time. I was able to sing clearly without problems breathing. Unfortunately, the second half of the class I got a runny nose I couldn't explain and my stomach was upset. I wrote more tips to improve my singing. I realized I couldn't sing high. I use the tips for Beatles Rock Band. I don't have time to memorize songs. Accounting is priority.

After dinner, I worked on my Peachtree class final project. My goal is to finish tonight and submit the Chap 13 homework and the final project. Those are the last assignments. I concentrate on Payroll mid-term #3 and my finals.

Wed Mar 10, 2010

I turned in my last Peachtree homework assignment and the final project. I picked up my graded homework assignments. I'm missing homework I completed. I talk to the instructor next week. I have all my homework in .pdf.

The third mid-term results for Financial Accounting are known on Mon's class meeting. Today's lecture was long. I was half awake. My classmates for our group project passed me a note as if we're in high school communicating meeting on Thur to complete the project. We meet on Thur to start on the project.

We had dance class at a dance studio by the swimming pool. The theatre was used for rehearsals for the De Anza dance group performing on Fri and Sat. The performance is required for dance class. I plan to attend on Fri. We reviewed the West Coast Swing for Wed's Dance Demonstration and then we learned the Salsa.

After School

My group met Thur for the group project at the library. There was miscommunication. We managed to start little on the project. We finish last minute on Mon at 9am at the library. I stayed in the library to complete what I can complete.

On Fri, I met with a classmate for Payroll. The third mid-term is Mon night. We reviewed the two chapters and helped each other. Productive.

I Continue To Find Myself Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: