Wednesday, March 06, 2013

It Really Wasn't A Boring Week

I want to share my thoughts and feelings for last week Mon Feb 25-Sat Mar 2. The week was very active. My brain was stimulated every waking minute. I accomplished some activities unsatisfactorily. I was ahead in something and behind in something else. My feelings were a mixture of happy, depressed, mellow, excited, angry, and resolved. I could have done more; I should have done less. I felt good finishing some tasks. On the other hand, I felt frustrated other tasks were incomplete. I was focused on the task at hand, yet I ignored some other important tasks that should have been completed. I wanted to accomplish everything because they were very close being equally important for my well-being.

Here is what I did last week:

*Mon Feb 25. Spent too much time playing video games and too little time job searching. I didn't take any online classes. The video games satisfied my urge. Lunch and dinner eating leftover steak were boring. Good workout at the gym.

*Tue Feb 26. The video game urge continued at a lesser degree; fortunately, I was tired and stopped easier than Mon. I spent more time job searching. I finished two online lessons on Excel and Business Analysis. I skipped lunch because nobody in my family wanted to eat the steak; moreover, there was nothing to cook for dinner, so we saved the steak for dinner. Another good workout at the gym.

*Wed Feb 27. I continued my job searching. I finished another online lesson on Excel. My family finished eating the boring leftover steak. Date night.

*Thur Feb 28. A reset was called forth. I cooked new lunch and dinner. I vacuumed the house, washed dishes, and did laundry. I job searched. I started listening to TV shows and movies from my laptop instead of listening to music, news radio, and sports talk radio for background noise. No gym. I went to bed at 10am. I slept for 12 hours.

*Fri Mar 1. I changed the bed sheets. I finished the Excel online class. I got a haircut. I worked out at the gym. I did some job searching. I played Mahjong for which I finished last.

*Sat Mar 2. Date weekend day with my girlfriend. Everyone in my family attended my cousin's Red Egg And Ginger Party, a Chinese tradition for my cousin's baby at three months old. We visited my sister and her fiance's place afterwards. Then my girlfriend and I shopped at Half Price Books. We ate dinner at a mom & pop deli. The nighttime activity was watching Argo.

Focusing and concentrating on job searching and job skills are good because they give me a better chance of finding a job. The last time I interviewed was Nov 2012. I'm overdue for an interview. Phone interviews don't count. The downside is I lose my focus on my social life and my leisure activities. I think about getting a job and moving out too much.

Living a balanced life can be too good. I have high happiness and low stress. I spend an equal amount of time on recreation and leisure, job searching and job preparedness. The downside living a balance life is I fall behind in learning and relearning the job skills and knowledge I need. I have to devote more time to job related activities because I must find a job.

Retail Rotation

I must live my life like I work in retail. Almost all retail jobs require employees working on the weekends. I worked on the weekends when I was employed at Blockbuster Video. I got my two days off during the weekdays. My store manager schedule my two days off at his discretion. Those two days off were what I do as if they were a Sat and Sun.

There are no set days what I do and what I don't do. For instance, I never job searched Fri-Sun because those were days I have fun. I changed that by job searching on Fri Mar 1. Anything goes seven days a week. It can be going to the gym on a Wed instead of date night. Date night can change to Thur. I play video games on Tue. I read a book Sun and Mon. I job search during a three day weekend. I watch a movie or TV show on DVD on any weeknight.

I accept I'm always going to be behind in something. We live a life with priorities that change daily. There is always tomorrow to finish anything I didn't finish today. Pace myself. Take it one at a time.

It's time to live a mixture of job searching, learn new job skills, relearn my job knowledge from the past, workout at gym, read books, spend time with my girlfriend and my friends, cook, as well as seek new adventures, experience new experiences, and meet new people. I never said live a balance of job searching, etc. I should take advantage of being unemployed by taking it easy, relaxing, and pacing myself before going back to the workforce. However, I shouldn't take for granted being unemployed and stop giving a damn about my future. Be proactive. Get better and stronger. My clear and present top goal is find a job and move out so I can live my life.

No comments: