Friday, October 09, 2015

Yes Slow Down

The world is tired. Exhausted. Fatigued. The information age is making us live too fast in today's history. Nobody needs to be a sleeping expert to know lack of sleep lowers productivity physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Nobody needs to be a medical doctor to know too much caffeine can cause future medical problems. Why do many of us choose to live a fast pace life? Money? Success? Just because many people are living a fast pace life doesn't mean you must join them.

Slow down. We get more done slowing down. Fewer errors. More relaxed. We help other people slowing down; in contrast, we help fewer people speeding up. Let's complete our responsibilities one at a time. The person who invented multi-tasking is an idiot. The reality is nobody multi-tasks. The best workers complete their assignments one at a time. Work more intelligently.

Obey your body when it tells you to sleep. Everyone should sleep healthy from head to toe. Avoid long-term medical problems sleeping more hours. The information age can help us fall asleep; for instance, I use the Calm Radio app's Sleep Channel to listen to music or the Relax Melodies app to listen to sounds. If the task at hand can wait, then complete the task tomorrow. The world isn't ending tomorrow.

Is the stress worth it? I see people when I leave the house making unnecessary mistakes. I see people stressing out the smallest problems. I see people losing focus. I see people driving recklessly. I see people overreacting. I see people's body language saying I want out or I don't want to do this. I see people losing their professional attitude. I see people desperate for sleep, and most of them sleep for a little bit.

The world wants everyone to slow down. Take a breath. There's a chain effect. The more people who relax, the more people experience less stress, the world is more at peace. Think intelligently to live a life with less stress. Live intelligently to live a life with more sleep.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: