Friday, March 09, 2007

Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwich Time

One of the new stuff I did in 2007 is trying new foods. My braces forced me to try foods I used to hate. I have eaten yogurt, kiwi, peanut butter, yams, and oatmeal. I love those foods. Mangos and peaches are on the list. I must try mangos because, well, Seinfeld fans should know why, LOL. And I thought about trying sushi. :-)

One breakfast morning, I ate a peanut butter and (strawberry) jelly sandwich for the first time in my life. I was afraid to eat it. I liked jelly and I started to eat peanut butter. Why must I worry? I ate the PB&J and the jelly made the peanut butter taste sweet; unfortunately, my continued fear prevents me from making more PB&J sandwiches. The PB&J sandwich was too good, too sweet, and too frightening. Yeah, I’m speaking nonsense. I’m confident I need to eat more PB&J to acquire the unique taste *()*

The blog entry is neither an Innovate Common Knowledge blog nor a recent sad and depressing. I want to tell everyone I’m O.K. with my braces. There is little discomfort and minimal problems. Unfortunately, people tell me when the orthodontist tightens the braces and changes the wire, the fun and pain begins *__*

Finally, find a reason to try new foods and/or drinks. For me, it was braces. For others, it can be meeting new people, working at a new job, going out on a date, moving to a new city, trying a new hobby, or whatever. Bon appetite :-O

No comments: