Monday, August 27, 2007

A True Dilbert Story

The banner?!?! It’s the banner. You got to be kidding. You’re killing me. The four sentences above were what I said on Friday August 24 driving home. My department’s Fiscal Year 2007 4th Quarter report was supposed to be completed on Friday. Instead, the report was finished late today. Why? The reason was the banner needed to be changed. The freakin banner. I spent the entire day replacing the banners, changing the colors for the dividing lines, subheaders, and page footers for the 102 page report. Most of the reports were from templates. The reports from Word took the most time. WTF :-< Who created the Anchors? I never heard of Anchors. My company’s first fiscal year month is August. Think of August as my company’s January and July as my company’s December. Today is August 27, 2007. According to my company’s Fiscal Year 2008 calendar, August 27, 2007 is the first day for Fiscal September 2008. My company is in September, the second month for 1st Quarter Fiscal Year 2008, and my department finished the 4th Quarter Fiscal Year 2007 report. Oh, I forgot to mention it’s the draft final. Key word is “draft.” Drafffft. *shakes head* I wonder what’s next? And I have two assignments I need to start Tuesday: one is the Fiscal Year September report and the second is for a presentation on Wednesday. I finished calculating the numbers and creating the rough drafts weeks ago. I don’t know why my team took long to send me their reports, numbers, and write-ups. Were they slow? Did they have other higher priority assignments? Were they working harder and not working smarter? Or am I too good for the job I started five months ago? Objectively speaking, I don’t know the true reason why I was told to change the banner last minute. Perhaps, there was a legitimate reason. For now and thinking practically, my answer is, “you’re kidding . . . the banner.” *complex huh look*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I learned about anchors in my Word class.