Monday, August 06, 2007

Something New To Me

Since 2006, something new has been happening to me. It's a new experience I continue to understand and to learn. It's a new experience some people acquired at a younger age. It's a new experience I sometimes forget how to respond, how to follow, and how to model from those who do it naturally. The experience is being thanked by others and appreciated by others for who I am and what I do.

My family has been helping me out. They pay me back for food and groceries. They rarely paid me in the past, and, honestly, I never expected them since we're family. I always say forget about paying me. Recently, my family has been consistent in paying me back. Also, my parents have been letting me go out more often. My family had lots of family events and I participated in them in the past. There have been fewer family events today so it's good timing. My family has been opening up trying new ideas and ventures. Maybe they are taking my example of living more active and trying something new attitude *hee, hee* And my family seems to be talking to me more. It's mostly small talk. It's just that they are saying more. I think my family is appreciating what I have done with appropriate action.

My friends welcome my presence and they thank me for being part of their lives. I receive appreciation in the form of constant and sincere thanks. I receive items such as CDs with mp3. I receive information I use at a future date. I receive answers for my questions, even when I think my questions are dumb. I receive money to help me buy food and items for special events. I receive welcomes when I hang out with my friends. By being with my friends, I become a better person. They share their experience, share their adventures, and share their friendship with me. And I become a better person. I'm learning a lot from them and my life has become less dull XD Yeah, my life is still dull . . . yet I see bright and happy days ahead. I really thank my friends for being a part of me, a part of a better me.

Before 2006, I thanked others and I appreciated others for helping me be who I am today, for being my friend, and for being someone who welcomed my presence and my friendship. Before 2006, I performed the extra effort, helped out a little more, and extended my assistance to my family and friends. Many times, I received no clear appreciation such that I ask myself, "Am I important to my circle of friends?" Or "Am I really helping my family?" Furthermore, I never received clear cut signals from my family and friends I'm welcomed, I'm appreciated, and I'm part of their lives. My confidence was low when I met new people, hung out with my limited friends, and participated in family activities. I felt unimportant. Was I a good person to be with or a pain in the ass?

To repeat, I continue to understand and to learn how to behave when I'm being thanked and I'm being appreciated for my actions, my attitude, my knowledge, and my friendship to my family and my friends. All the experiences are making be a better person. I'm innovating myself. By being with my family, my friends, and meeting new people, I want to learn who they are and I want them to learn who I am. I'm not used to being on the receiving end. I have always given my thanks and appreciation.

Make sure you show your appreciation to you family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, strangers, anyone who took their time, spent their money, shared their experience, and/or give information such as referrals, tips, and street directions to you. Never assume the person is appreciated. Tell them, show them your appreciation. Do some action. Say "Thank You" with sincerity. Return the favor at a later time. Treat the person or persons out for a meal. Offer something the person or persons might be interested. Do something, do some action to recognize and appreciate their assistance appropriately.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Hi Raymon, its Suzie, I dont know if you got my original comment..but I was reading this on your blog and very true..I'm glad how you are making yourself be a better person. my e-mail is ssuetos@comcast.net. Take care
Suzie