Thursday, September 27, 2007

Blog Two Doubleheader: Like A Losing Pitcher, It Was An Off Day Yesterday

Yesterday, my gym workout was incomplete. Around the second minute on the treadmill, my mp3 player froze. I didn’t have a suitable object to reset the mp3 player. And my left leg and my stomach started to tighten.

I choose to leave the gym and call it a bad workout just like a pitcher having a bad outing. I used the free time to get gas for my car. I arrived home a little bit early. I did 100 sit-ups, then I took a shower, brushed my teeth, washed dishes, and put away my work clothes for the last three days on the floor and in the closet. Finally, I read two chapters on “The Age Of Turbulence” by Alan Greenspan. I made the best I could from an off gym workout.

Taking the off gym topic further, the last two weeks at home have been boring and lazy, two words I avoid in my lifestyle. The lunches and dinners have been the same and boring meals. The last five days we have been eating leftovers and burritos. I managed to last my burrito for three days because I’m tired of the leftovers and there is no new food to cook in the refrigerator. Yesterday after work, my Mom called and asked me to get milk and chicken at Costco. Don’t ask why I had to do it because I don’t want to know what she did yesterday afternoon.

Today, I eat my leftover burrito for lunch. Other than yesterday’s Costco, my Mom didn’t shop for fresh food and vegetables. I don’t know what’s going on. She has been lazy when it comes to helping taking care of the house. I don’t know if she watches a lot of TV in the afternoon. It’s not worth contemplating. I’m a person who eats fresh, cooked, and healthy food at home. The last two weeks at home have been off weeks. (For the record, I do help around the house such as cooking, cleaning, and doing the laundry.)

I can take charge and do the grocery shopping myself. The problem is what if my Mom went grocery shopping the same day I did. As a result, my house has too much food and no room in the refrigerator—well, most of the time the refrigerator is full because of the leftovers. I can grocery shop after work. The problem grocery shopping after work is I have less free time after dinner for personal time including reading, learning Crystal Reports, and going to the gym on gym nights. I must plan ahead if I must grocery shop.

Add one more problem in my house. There is too much junk. There is too much clutter my room has stuff that belongs to my Mom and Dad. Does anyone want an unused curtain? And we have computer hardware incompatible to today’s PC. Anyone want a serial mouse?

My Dad has been telling my Mom to clear up the junk. In defense of my Mom, my Dad has lots of junk in the garage. Both of them have junk in the attic. In defense of both of them, just being fair and objective *___*, some of the junk and clutter are my sister’s who moved back home after graduating in 2005 and her stuff are still in the house and some are my grandmother who past away in August 2006.

Regardless, junk is junk and clutter is clutter. My Mom subscribed for daily newspaper delivery for the price of Sunday’s edition. The newspapers are piling next to the front door. Nobody reads the newspaper. Why did my Mom subscribe to the newspaper? I’m not cleaning the newspapers up.

For the rest of the week, I’m thinking about taking it easy, not working out at the gym, and calling the week an off-week. My mood is somber since yesterday. I don’t know what to do at home. Ironically, the boring and lazy problem and the junk and clutter problem are two problems some families wished they have because there are far worst problems for some families.

No comments: