Thursday, September 06, 2007

50:23

Wednesday September 5 was the worst driving commute ever. My usual work hours are 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Nobody in my company has fixed hours. The hours are flexible.

On the day, there was a morning meeting. I came to work early and I leave work early. I went home at 5:50 PM and traffic was expected. When I started working from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, the longest commute time is 40 minutes. Wednesday’s commute time was 50 minutes and 23 seconds. I timed the commute home just for fun XD

What happened? There were no accidents. (Since I started working, there was one accident. At the time I drove home, the accident was in the clearing stage.) Surprisingly, I saw no cars merging incorrectly, no cars cutting lanes, and no cars tailgating. Everyone was polite. I think the reason is many people went home at the same time.

When I go home around 7:00 PM, it takes me 20-25 minutes to get home. If the signal lights are to my advantage, then 20 minutes; otherwise 25 minutes. I’m fortunate my flexible hours and nobody to take care of enables me to minimize my commute travel time.

No comments: